10a-12p session 1
Emilie Sommer of emilie inc. photography will share, in a conversational format, how to create a successful brand.
Please bring any of your current branding materials, including business cards, to show and share with the group.
Topics covered will include:
* What is a brand
* Why is a brand important
* When is a brand successful
* Easy steps to develop your brand
* How to communicate your brand
* How to attract and maintain clients with your brand
* How to stand out
* Featuring guest speaker Angela Adams
12-12:30p bonus content
J Sandifer of liveBooks will address how to build an effective website
12:30-2p networking lunch catered by Kitchen Chicks
2-5p session 2
Liene Stevens of Splendid Communications from Scottsdale, Arizona, will present how to blog successfully.
This will not be a class on blogging philosophy. You already know that blogging is a good idea. We'll be showing
you how to do it so that it is worth your time. Topics covered will include:
* How to discover and leverage your blogging voice
* How to maximize your blogging ROI
* How to develop killer content - consistently
* How to set short term and long term goals for your blog
* How to increase your readership and keep them coming back for more
* Specific strategies and techniques to use your blog to improve your main website's SEO or "findability" on Google
* How to promote your brand through your blog's design and content
* Maintaining professional boundaries while still being personable
Registration is open to all professionals, including but not limited to wedding vendors and visual artists. Enrollment is limited to ensure an intimate learning experience. Payment is required at the time of registration. Sorry, no refunds.
Need overnight accommodations? Try the Eastland Park Hotel (15 minute walk to studio, $75/night), the Hilton Garden Inn (under 10 minute walk to studio in the heart of the Old Port, $118/night) or the brand new Residence Inn by Marriott all suite hotel (just 2 blocks from studio, $149/night).
When & Where
emilie inc. photography
emilie inc. photography is a boutique photojournalism studio based in Portland, Maine, founded in 2003 by owner photographer Emilie Sommer. Emilie earned a degree in photojournalism from the Newhouse School at Syracuse University and worked as a photographer and photo editor for USA Today and the Washington Post. Emilie has also founded the Roots Workshop, News Wedding Photographers and Pink Initiative 501(c)(3) non-profit.