Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
The next phase of bus rapid transit (BRT) is coming to Chicago! If you just asked yourself, "What is BRT?", our next GOOD Chicago event is for you.
Just last month, the city announced plans for Chicago's first full-scale bus rapid transit test along Ashland Avenue. This concept, which has been implemented in Bogota, Colombia and Cleveland, Ohio, boasts shorter travel times and more reliable service for commuters. At "Building the Future of Bus Rapid Transit in Chicago" our panel will explore the pros and cons of bus rapid transit, key elements of Chicago's BRT plan, and the effect BRT will have on citizens.
PLUS: After the discussion, we'll take what we learned and create a better bus stop prototype in a hands-on workshop led by design experts George and Sara Aye of Greater Good Studio.
- 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. - Check-in & Explore
- 6:00 to 6:45 p.m. - Panel Discussion
- 6:45 to 7:30 p.m. - "Design a Better Bus Stop" Hands-on Workshop
Learn: A panel discussion moderated by Tracy Swartz, CTA Reporter for RedEye
- Ron Burke, Executive Director, Active Transportation Alliance
- Joseph Iacobucci, Manager, Strategic Planning and Policy at Chicago Transit Authority
- Steve Schlickman, Executive Director at Urban Transportation Center, University of Illinois Chicago
- Christopher Ziemann, Chicago Bus Rapid Transit Project Manager
Do: "Design a Better Bus Stop" hands-on workshop, facilitated by George and Sara Aye of Greater Good Studio
The Chicago Cultural Center is located at 78 E. Washington St. in downtown Chicago. It is accessible by train (Brown, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple Express, Red and Metra) and by bus (3, 20, 147, 151, and 157).
A BIG thanks to our partners
- Spontaneous Interventions: Design Actions for the Common Good - Opening May 24 and running through September 1 Spontaneous Interventions: Design Actions for the Common Good features 84 urban interventions initiated by architects, designers, planners, artists and everyday citizens that bring positive change to neighborhoods and cities in addition to a pop-up installation in Millennium Park.
About GOOD Chicago
GOOD Chicago embraces the diversity and ingenuity which makes up this city. Your GOOD Chicago chapter is a group of individuals with the passion and dedication to make a collective change for the community. GOOD Chicago is a locally-organized chapter of GOOD. GOOD Local chapters bring people together to learn and do good things in cities around the world.
To find out more about the GOOD Chicago leaders and to get involved, check out the GOOD Chicago Hub. Interested in volunteering for the event, learning more, or just saying hi? Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Please note that we may be taking photographs and/or videos at this event. By attending, you agree to be filmed or photographed for the purpose of being featured in video or photography about GOOD Local. If you are not comfortable being filmed or photographed, please contact the event organizer.