Building Native Mobile Apps Course
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Mountain View, CA
This hands-on instructor-led classroom training will equip developers with the knowledge they need to master key Titanium APIs and to understand the end-to-end process of developing a Titanium Mobile Application. At the conclusion of this class, students will be given the opportunity to take the Titanium Certified Application Developer (TCAD) exam.
- Laptop with functional Titanium Studio with either/both Android SDK tools and/or iOS SDK supported versions installed.
- Optional: Bring Android and/or iOS devices, along with tethering cables to class
- Titanium Studio can be downloaded at http://www.appcelerator.com/products/download/
- (Recommended) Register for Android Market and iOS Dev Center accounts.
- Note: You will need to pay the respective developer account fees to Apple & Google (either individual/team/company accounts). These accounts are necessary in order to complete the new Deploy & Distribute module lab but not necessary to take the course.
Students using Windows systems will need:
- Apache Ant, download from http://ant.apache.org/ and install according to the instructions on that site.
- A media player capable of displaying .mov (Apple QuickTime movie) files.
Agenda Day 1:
|(Approximately 60% lecture; 40% hands-on lab)||(Approx. Duration)|
|Zero to App Recap and Orientation||45 min|
|You’re a Native Application Developer Now||60 min|
|Cross-Platform Development in Titanium||90 min|
|User Interface Fundamentals||75 min|
|Working with Local Data||60 min|
|Working with Remote Data||60 min|
|Working with Media and the Filesystem||60 min|
Agenda Day 2:
|(Approximately 40% lecture; 60% hands-on lab)||(Approx. Duration)|
|Appcelerator Cloud Services||90 min|
|Integrating Contacts and Social APIs||75 min|
|Integrating Web Content||60 min|
|Deployment and Distribution||60 min|
|Independent Work, Troubleshooting, Q&A||30 min|
|Certification Exam Attempt||90 min|