Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Join Google at their New York office for a full day of training on maps, trends, data, hangout and more.
Google 101 | 9:00 am to 11:45 am
It’s no secret that data-gathering and journalism go hand in hand – but then what?Whether it’s refining your advanced search capabilities, improving audience engagement through Google+ or learning how to visualize big data through Google Maps, this workshop is intended to guide you through gathering and visualizing your data, and engaging with your audience. Topics will include:
- Gather: Advanced Search, Trends, Correlate, Public Data Explorer and Consumer Surveys
- Visualize: Embeddable maps, My Maps, Google Maps Engine Lite (Beta), Google Maps API, Google Earth and Google Fusion Tables
- Engage: Google+, Hangouts On Air and YouTube
- Nicholas Whitaker - Media Outreach Lead
- Vanessa Schneider - Geo Media Program Manager
Lunch at Google | Noon to 1:00 pm
Building custom maps with Google | 1:15 pm to 3:00 pm
Looking to tell a visual story with your data? In this interactive workshop, we’ll teach you how to get started with Google Maps Engine Lite and Fusion Tables, two tools to help you host, visualize and publish your data as maps. The session will start with a brief overview of Google Maps Engine Lite and Fusion Tables, as well as related tools, then we’ll dive into some hands-on examples to get you familiar with how easily your data can be turned into a visualization with impact. Pre-requisite: Personal laptops are encouraged, and please make sure to create a Google account ahead of this session — you’ll need it in order to do the exercises:google.com/accounts/NewAccount
- Trainer: Vanessa Schneider - Geo Media Program Manager