Building and Managing Online Audiences
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
Ultimo, New South Wales
November Social Media Club Sydney - Building and Managing Online Audiences
* PLEASE NOTE: PAYMENT IS WITH PAYPAL ONLY AND douglas.v.chapman at gmail dot com is the person who appears on the PayPal account
With special guest speakers:
· international rap star, number 14 most influential Social Media Twitter person in the world according to WeFollow, with more than 1.5 million Twitter followers.
· Regularly presenting at Harvard Business school about the power of social media, he will talk directly about his social media experiences on Twitter
· Digital Marketing ManagerMicrosoft Entertainment & Devices Division
· Will speak about the 22 million strong daily global connected community on XBox Live
The theme of the 6th event is “Building and Managing Online Audiences” We’re hoping for enthusiastic debate and discussion around these key strategic issues:
- How do social channels excel in “shorten the distance between creator and consumer.”
- How important is the content when building communities?
- When you have a huge community, how do you manage it? Do you employ people?
- Is there a particular pull for the competitive nature of gaming communities?
- Is anonymity ever an issue?
- Why are games platforms “socialising”?
- What kind of content is attractive to communities? Is there a place for all types of content?
- What do communities find engaging?
- How powerful are social media communities? Can they change the world?
There will be short presentations, a question and answer forum from the live audience and the Twitter stream. There will also be special interactive opportunities on the night and a very special door prize.
This event is in partnership with XBox 360, and is at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) University Hall. Doors open at 6.30pm for sponsored drinks/refreshments before the 7.15 pm start. No alcohol is permitted within the Hall once the event starts.
The proceeds from this event will go to the David Peachey Foundation established in 2004 by proud Wiradjuri man & rugby league legend, David Peachey.
• Providing educational scholarships & overseas exchange opportunities for school students.
• Allocating sporting grants to talented indigenous youth.
• Engaging in the ongoing reconcilliation process & personal development of indiginous youth through mentoring & cultural immersion camps.
• Delivering education, health & sports programs in regional & remote indigenous communities throughout Australia.
When & Where
Social Media Club Sydney
The Sydney chapter of Social Media Club, a group created for the purpose of sharing best practices, establishing ethics and standards, and promoting media literacy around the emerging area of Social Media.
This is part of a global conversation about building an organization and a community where the many diverse groups of people who care about Social Media can come together to discover, connect, share, and learn.