Building A Valuable Online Community (New York)
Thursday, July 14, 2011 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Building a Valuable Online Community
Thursday, July 14 (6:30pm EST)
- 6:30pm – 10-15 startup pitches
- 7:30pm – Pizza and networking
- 8:00pm – Panel discussion and interactive Q&A
- 9:00pm – Drinks at nearby location
Panel topics include:
- Community building case studies from the panel – Mashable, Etsy, Mediabistro.com, Forrst.
- The essentials of online communities – why do certain communities thrive while most fail?
- How is online community building different from offline community building?
- Scaling a community to new cities and new countries.
- What are the critical product design and technology considerations for building an online community?
- How important is the founder in a community? How to make the community thrive independently of the founder’s participation
- Making a community into a business – how to profit from community without alienating members.
- Community building safety tips – what to avoid
- And much more…
- Graham Lawlor, Founder of Ultra Light Startups
Panelists (alphabetic order):
- Kyle Bragger, Founder and Lead Developer at Forrst
- Chris Maguire (@revolvingdork), Co-Founder at Etsy, Postling, and Waffl
- Brett Petersel, Co-founder at The Community Manager, formerly Audience Manager at Mashable
- Laurel Touby, Founder of Mediabistro.com
Local Sponsors (New York)
Video Stream: If you cannot attend this event in person, please consider watching our live video stream. The stream will have full coverage of the startup pitches, interactive panel discussion, as well as exclusive interviews with panelists, startup founders, and special guests.
When & Where
Ultra Light Startups®
Ultra Light Startups brings together the world's most innovative technology entrepreneurs, in monthly events and accompanying online communities. Events feature pitching, networking and interactive, moderated panel discussions with leading industry experts.
Topics covered: design, technology, marketing and finance