Build Your Own Wordpress Website
Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 4:00 PM - Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 6:00 PM (PDT)
This hands-on workshop will teach you everything you need to know on how to setup and customize Wordpress, as well as demonstrate how content choices affect SEO. Get your burning questions about WordPress answered real time as you build your site.
Learn how to setup and install your own website and blogging platform with WordPress! You will go through, step-by-step, how to register your domain name, setup hosting space and configure WordPress. Install plugins to extend the power of you site!
What You Get
This is a 101 training for Wordpress on the current version, 3.2. It introduce you to best practice concepts for setting up a new website, blogging, hosting, content creation, SEO and website maintenance.
You will learn everything you need to setup a site and will have setup a complete site by the end of this workshop.
This four week workshop will show you how to:
- Install and configure WordPress from scratch
- Write your first blog post
- How to add images and videos to your blog posts
- Adding social media to your blog
- Install plugins
- Install themes
- Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and content strategy to build traffic
- Monetize your Wordpress website to generate revenue
This Training is for:
- Business professionals who want to build their own website
- Staff who need to maintain a WordPress website
- Designers learning WordPress
You will receive:
- Four live training sessions with hands-on labs (2 hours each)
- Lifetime access to the video recordings for each session
- Over 50 links to resources and tutorials for Wordpress
- 1 Month of access to your instructor for WordPress questions
- Session 1: What is WordPress? Thursday September 8th, 2011
- Session 2: Installing WordPress Thursday September 15th, 2011
- Session 3: Customizing WordPress Thursday September 22nd, 2011
- Session 4: Show and Tell + QnA Thursday September 29th, 2011
Please check your respective locations for session start times:
Pacific 4pm - 6pm | Mountain 5pm - 7pm | Central 6pm - 8pm | Eastern 7pm - 9pm
"I got a lot more out of this training than with most online classes I've experienced. Adria doesn't just guide you through the steps of creating a site, she tells you what the steps mean, so you feel more confident in the skills you take away from the class. She really is about empowering her students, not just setting up their sites for them."
Marni Ginther, Law firm blogger in Minneapolis
"While I have worked with a few WordPress installs already, this workshop gave me the opportunity to ask questions and get instant feedback. Adria does a great job of answering questions and showing what is possible."
Bill, Meet Me Where I Am
"This DIY Series was info-packed and detail orientated. Spreading it out over a few weeks helped to not suffer information overload.."
"I got a good foundation from you; enough for me to finish up the site on my own. I couldn't be more grateful!"
About your trainer
Adria Richards, the instructor, has been teaching this course online since 2009. She's been a WordPress user since 2006 and has presented at several WordCamps including NYC, Atlanta and Boston. She has extensive experience in technology and training people how to use it.
Her blog, ButYoureAGirl, has been featured, mentioned and syndicated on major news and and blog networks including MSNBC, Lifehacker, ComputerWorld, BlogHer and others.
Now living in San Francisco, she continues to help companies make sense of technology without all the complex mumbo-jumbo.
When & Where
Adria Richards / Freshworkshops
Learn new technology today!
We provide training on today's developing technology including Wordpress, Google Apps, Joomla and a variety of web based cloud apps.
Classes are focused on making technology easy to understand.
If you have any questions before the class, feel free to contact us before the class!
Get The Training You Need
Through a combination of free and paid training options, freshworkshops.com will get people up and running with Joomla, Wordpress, Microsoft Office and a variety of computer certification courses.