Build an iPhone App: 3-Day Workshop
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Friday, February 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM (CST)
Learn how to build an iPhone application in a
3-day hands-on workshop.
This workshop will break down the following components when developing an iOS app: user experience, developing in Cocoa and Objective-C, how to manage your code, provisioning and testing and deploying the application on the consumer and enterprise app store. At the end of the workshop, you'll have a working application to modify and test in your own iOS environment.
The workshop will be at the ng Connect Gravity Center, located on Alcatel-Lucent's campus and above the AT&T Foundry. Breakfast, beverages, and lunch will be provided. Please contact the organizer if you have any special dietary needs. The workshop will be held from 9am-5pm.
SPACE IS LIMITED, ONLY 14 SEATS LEFT!
Who Should Attend?
- Architects or Programmers with an interest in building on the iOS platform.
What Should I Bring?
- Mac laptop or computer
- iPhone or iPod touch (optional)
- Basic understanding of Object Oriented (OO) programming
- Installed versions of Xcode and iPhone SDK on your mac: http://developer.apple.com/xcode/ (once you gain access to the Apple Developer Connection website, links are provided to download XCode and SDK on a variety of Macs.)
What Will I Learn?
- The benefits and review process of sketching and the available tools
- How to review PSD files from designers and where to go from there
- Review how to cut PSD's for the app and what tools to use
- Overview on building for iPhone/iOS
- Overview of Xcode
- Developing with Cocoa and Objective-C
- Developing for Cross Platform Mobile
- Integration with backend
- Code management using versioning system and tools available
Provisioning and Testing
- Provisioning and profiling on Apple Dev Center
- Test flight for testing
- Testflight for feedback and data collection
- Enterprise app deployment
- Consumer app deployment/ iTunes App Store
Extending Your Application
About the Trainer
Mark Haidar is a solution-oriented technologist and entrepreneur with extensive experience in building complex technology solutions and frameworks. Mark has broad experience in nearly all forms of technology, including hardware, embedded, software, mobile, database, networking, security and wireless. His projects include university web-based systems, 3D game engines, internet-to-home control & communication frameworks, autonomous mobile chairs, municipality records management solutions, vehicular communication frameworks, wireless sensor networks, enterprise and consumer mobile applications, cloud-based logistics systems, medical software, multi-lingual ERP systems, and military applications.
Currently, Mark is a founder at Dialexa, a product-focused technology development shop and consultancy. Dialexa’s projects to date include various mobile applications, cloud computing, product consulting, complex algorithm development, hardware prototyping, UI&UE design, image processing, desktop application development and website development. Dialexa’s clients range from entrepreneurs looking to reduce technical risk and time to market, to publicly traded companies looking to bring in a team that can quickly execute products that may be beyond the abilities or time constraints of their internal teams. Prior to founding Dialexa, Mark was the Chief Technology Officer of a venture backed enterprise mobile software company.
Mark is trilingual and holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering and a Masters of Engineering in Electrical Engineering. He has numerous journal and conference publications, and three patents pending.