Date: July 24,2014
Schedule of Events:
Building Bridges Conference Agenda
7:45 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Sign-in - Breakfast, Networking
8:40 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Opening Remarks - Welcome Address by the Broward County Crime Commission; Acknowledge Distinguished Speakers and Guests
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Panel Discussion I – Trends in Adult Bullying:
1. Dr. Gary Namie, PhD –Psychologist, Director, Workplace Bullying Institute
2. Mr. John Pacenti – Columnist, Daily Business Review
3. Ms. Kerri Stone – Professor of Law, Florida International University
4. Ms. Yael Hershfield - FloridaAssociate Regional Director, Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
10:00 a.m. to 10:10 a.m. BREAK
10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Panel Discussion II – Workplace Bullying and Family Dispute Bullying
1. Ms. Brenda DiIoia, JD - Mediator, Conflict Resolution Matters, Inc.
2. Dr. Maureen Duffy, PhD - Workplace Consultant and Family Therapist
3. Mr. Kelly H. Kolb, ESQ – Labor Attorney, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney (BIPC)
4. Mr. David Svetlick - Business and Finance Administrator, BrowardInternational Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
5. Mr. Mark Watson – Regional Vice-President, Amtrust Bank
11:20 a.m. to 12:05 p.m. Panel Discussion III – Safeguarding Social & Educational Impacts
1. Mr. Steven Becerra - Director of Operations, Elite Krav Maga - Fighting Chance
2. Dr. Alexia Georgakopoulos, PhD - Associate Professor of Conflict Resolution and Communication, Nova University
3. Ms. Beverly Peterson – National Workplace Bullying Coalition
4. Mr. Ron Christopher Osborne Williams - Education and Prevention Manager, Women in Distress of Broward County
5. Vanessa Hodgerson – Attorney at Law, Jackson Lewis P.C.
6. Vergie Bain – Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. LUNCH
Noon to 12:30 p.m. - Guest Speaker – Joie Bostwick and Jean Jones, Family Members Speaking In Memoriam of Jodie Jones Zebell, 1977-2008
12:30 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – KEYNOTE SPEAKER Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler. Presentation will occur when actual eating of lunch is completed and there is complete silence.
1:15 p.m. to 1:25 p.m. BREAK
1:25 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Panel Discussion IV – When Adult Bullying Can Escalate to Violence
1. Ms. Bridgette Schneiderman - President, Broward Victims’ Rights Coalition
2. Broward College Institute of Public Safety Police Academy – John Vecchio
3. Captain Al Xiques – Pembroke Pines Police Police Department
4. Mr. David Scharf - Director Community Outreach for Corrections and Youth Gangs - Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO)
5. Ms. Monica Hofheinz - Executive Director, Broward State Attorney’s Office (SAO)
6. Dr. Robert Cipriano, PhD. – Psychologist, SIMCIP
7. Branch Walton, Retired U.S. Secret Service (USSS)
2:30 p.m. to 2:40 p.m. BREAK
2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Panel Discussion V – Adult Bullying in Sports and Entertainment
1. High School Sector
2. College Sector
3. Professional Sector
4. Dr. Gary Namie, Workplace Bullying Institute
5. William David Cornwell, Attorney Gordon & Rees, LLP
This event is expected to have significant attendance. The one day event anticipates an attendance of approximately 200 attendees from various key diversified sectors:
- Mental Health Professionals
- Addiction Professionals
- Healthcare Sector Administrators & Practitioners
- Educational Sector
- Criminal Justice/Public Safety Sector
CONFERENCE PROGRAM BENEFITS:
The conference will promote solution-based approaches to addictions and mental health, networking and awareness ten (10) potential and primary ways:
- 6 Continuing Education Credits & Certificates of Attendance for mental health professionals, addiction professionals and attorneys.
- Pre-event Networking during registration & breakfast– 8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
- Networking Cocktail Hour from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- One on One Meetings
- Industry Studies
- Keynote Speakers and Breakout Sessions
- Industry and Sector Exhibitor Space
- Industy and Sector Table Displays
- Email Broadcasting (Specific Sectors Listed Above)
- Market Wire Issued Press Releases
Exhibit tables, Booklet Ads and Sponsorship Opportunities are still available!
GO TO OUR WEBSITE HOMEPAGE TO MAKE PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL
Thank you for being apart of the bridge...
When & Where
Broward County Crime Commission
ABOUT THE CRIME COMMISSION:
The Broward County Crime Commission is a 37 year old state chartered office, acting judiciously on behalf of law – abiding citizens in maintaining an unwavering vigilance against crime and corruption in the community.
The Crime Commission evaluates crime in Broward County and south Florida and assists the Criminal Justice System with solutions against crime. Founded in 1976 as an independent, fact – finding agency, the Crime Commission has distinguished itself as a laureate governing body, whichworks diligently to improve the Criminal Justice System, as well as strengthen and preserve the key components of Public Safety in Broward County.
The mission of the Broward County Crime Commission is to sustain and enhance the coordination, cohesiveness, resources, effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the Criminal Justice System, so that citizens can live, work and raise families without the fear of crime.
The Crime Commission functions as a strategic planning body involved in formulating criminal justice protocols. In so doing, the Crime Commission fosters community involvement with criminal justice representatives, corporations, businesses, colleges and universities, citizen organizations, government officials, law makers, public safety entities, and schools through the following initiatives:
1. White Paper Research Studies
2. Impact Estimates of Crime-Related Legislation
3. Editorial Writings
4. Expert Panel Discussions
5. Prominent Speaker Workshops and Seminars
6. Forums, Events, Summits, and Conferences
7. Agency Exchange of Information & Training Meetings
8. Think Tank Symposiums
9. Outreach Ministries
10. Self Defense - Fighting Chance / Kids Fighting Chance
“Evil Triumphs When Good People Stand Idly By”
For More information: Call Hope @ 754-423-1976; email@example.com