San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
CIVIC INNOVATION SUMMIT
Annual Community Economic Development Conference:
- Govenor's Breakfast Announcement (Invited)
- Report-out to Community Stakeholders
- Stewardship for Community Vision: Develop Bronzeville as a Sustainable International African American Heritage Toursim Destination
- Status: Black Metropolis National Heritage Area Designation H.R. 3075
- Planning Workshops: 2016 Great Migration Centennial Commemorative Celebration
- Author's Keynote Luncheon Address
- Consensus Building: Obama Campus proposal
- Interactive Educational Sessions
- Engagement Opportunities: Neighborhood Legacy Projects
- T3 Urban Innovaton & Sustainability Award Reception
"Creating the New Promise"
When & Where
Obama Campus Foundation
Paula Robinson, the tour moderator, is a native Chicaogoan who grew up in Hyde Park, Robinson is a veteran in destination marketing, historic preservation and heritage tourism development. She works with a team of cultural historians, neighborhood planners, social enterprise practioners and civic entreprenuers on branding, placemaking and community economic development strategies. The Obama Campus Tour is custom tour with unique neighborhood perspective and was designed to support the community's twenty year vision to become a sustainable international tourism destination.
The Obama Campus Community Foundation is a private nonprofit community foundation incorporated in 2014 by the Bronzeville Community Development Partnership (BCDP) in order to raise funds and submit a formal development plan for the Obama Presidential Center. The Obama Campus proposal was recognized as a finalist in the first competitve round. The BCDP operates the Urban Innovation Center with Civic Labs focused on Tourism, Technology and Transportation. The BCDP also has a Commission working to have the Black Metropolis National Heritage Area and the story of the Great Migration congressionally designated as a signficant American Story. The State of Illinois passed a resolution to commemeorate the 2016 Great Migration Centennial with a yearlong, statewide celebration. The Obama Campus Tour is a part of that calendar of events.
Facebook: 2016 Great Migration Centennial