Bringing 21st Century Literacies into the Classroom: Teaching with New and Social Media
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
LEARN why it is important to incorporate digital media including Web 2.0 tools into your classes.
- National standards for incorporating 21st century literacies into courses.
- Definition and discussion of different types of digital media
- What the current literature and trends say about digital media
- What your colleagues are already doing in their GPC classes
*Valid GPC JCard needed to attend session.
When & Where
The Georgia Perimeter College ideaSPOT provides:
- Consultation & Support
- The ideaSPOT is staffed with instructional technologists, instructional designers, and other support staff ready to assist you with integrating technology into your teaching and learning practices. The ideaSPOT staff can meet with you 1-1 to provide consultations on how to address instructional design issues related to student retention, student engagement, and student performance in your teaching as well as provide you with instruction on best practices for using technology and the services provided by Georgia Perimeter College. Request a consultation now!
- Instructional Design
- Professional Development
- Place to explore new ideas
- The ideaSPOT provides a safe place for faculty to explore new instructional strategies using technology. The campus based ideaSPOT lab locations are where you will find your ideaSPOT staff, high-end Mac and Windows workstations with specialized graphics and video editing software, mobile devices, classroom technology such as Smartboards and clickers, and audio/visual equipment. Find an ideaSPOT location now! The ideaSPOT also provides grants to faculty to enhance instruction.