Bridging media is an event designed to open the channels of communication between the broadcast and digital media communities. We aim to increase an understanding of our respective industries and strengthen our approach to building multi-platform projects.
Bridging Media is a community sponsored FREE event!
Visit our Official Site
- Help to open the communication between the broadcast and digital communities.
- Find solutions to the misunderstanding between our communities and processes.
- Work together and strengthen our future projects.
- To gain understanding of the broadcast and digital process.
- Learn from experts in both fields.
- Address concerns surrounding quality and methods of delivery.
- Meet the people and tools you'll need to prepare your pitch for nextMEDIA, VIDFEST and the Banff TV Festival.
- Strengthen your multi-platform shows, ideas and projects.
- Guidance on how to proceed: moving forward to monetize, partner and distribute.
- nextMEDIA is giving away a FREE pass to the conference, June 6-8 in Banff
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Producers / Filmmakers
- Camera Operators
- Animators / Visual Effects Experts
- Digital Technology Community
THE GAME PLAN:
Arrival: 9:30am - 9:45am
SESSION ONE: 10:00am - 10:45am
The 101 Sessions: Broadcast and Social Media 101: A snapshot of both worlds
This session is intended to act as an overview of both communities to help create an understanding of each industries’ process. This panel will consist of Broadcasters, Producers and Digital Media Leaders.
SESSION TWO: 11:00am - 11:45am
Buzz Builders: Using Multi-platforms To Build A Buzz and An Audience Around Your Project
From film to television to the internet, defining your audience is
an integral portion in the conceptualizing stage of a project. Are
you using the accessible channels of communication to speak to your
audience, draw a crowd and create buzz around your work? This panel
will focus on, and show examples of, the use of various mediums and
technologies to build a community and get your project to your audience.
NETWORKING CATERED LUNCH: 11:45am - 12:55pm
SESSION THREE: 1:00pm - 1:45pm
Monetize, Monetize, Monetize!
Where’s the money? How do we get it? Changing the mentality of the traditional business model is the name of the game. Case study examples of how building an online presence and community strengthens producers’ abilities to monetize multi-media platforms and projects.
SESSION FOUR: 2:00pm - 2:45pm
Meet Your Monsters: Solving Traditional Broadcast Webmares
The digital world is not all that scary - despite the monsters under your mainframe! This panel will focus on successful case studies in how the medium is being used effectively. The players will present new models for the future.
We will be adding to this list of speakers in the coming weeks. We would like to have a good representation from across the industries on each panel, with 2 to 4 people on each.
- Kris Krug - Social Media Expert, President Raincity Studios
- Gary Marcuse - Programming Executive for the CBC in BC
- Leah Mallen - Producer, Twofold Films Inc.
- Kate Trgovac - President LintBucket Media
- Colleen Nystedt - movieset.com
- Mark Leiren-Young - writer, screenwriter, playwrite, host, and producer
- Nilesh Patel - Director, Producer, Roaming Pictures
- Darren Barefoot - Partner, Capulet Communications
- Boris Mann - Raincity Studios, Bootup Labs
- Mark Rocchio - Studio B Productions
- Robert Ouimet - Partner, At Large Media
- Chris Mizzoni, Author of "Clancy with the Puck", Studio B Productions