Bridges 2014-2015 Academic Year
We place students in groups of 2 to 6. These classes are categorized as enrichment classes. Enrichment classes are for students who are at or above grade level and want to go above and beyond what they are learning in their regular school classes.
Our Reading and Writing Program is broken up into two semesters. However, a new student can begin our program at any time and does not have to wait for the next unit to begin.
HOW TO REGISTER
There are 2 parts to the registration:
1. $25 Registration Fee. Please register here to reserve your child’s spot in the class and pay the $25 registration fee. The registration fee is nonrefundable. The implementation of Eventbrite will help us manage our registration process. After you pay the registration fee, you will automatically be directed to the registration form.
2. Complete the Registration Form. After you pay the registration fee on Eventbrite, the registration system will automatically direct you to the registration form. The registration form will require parent’s contact information, student information, and the credit card authorization for the recurring 4-week payments. Your registration will not be accepted until the registration form is completed and submitted. Upon receipt of the registration form, we will debit your credit card for the tutoring fees for the first 4 sessions (i.e. $360, or $320 for siblings). This is nonrefundable.
After you pay the registration fee and complete the registration form, we will send a Welcome Email within 2 to 3 days to confirm your child’s enrollment in our program.
***If any classes are full, please submit a waitlist request to hold your place in line if a spot opens up.
1. How much does it cost? $45 per hour.
2. When time are the classes? Classes are from 4:30 to 6:30.
3. What do I need to pay when I register? To register, you will need to pay a one-time registration fee of $25 on Eventbrite. Upon registration, you will also be charged the registration deposit for the first 4 weekly sessions of $360 (or $320 if a sibling discount applies). The registration deposit will be applied to the first 4 sessions. This amount is non-refundable. Please note that if you start sessions in the middle of our 4-week billing cycle, your first invoice will be reduced by any credit from your registration deposit.
4. What are the terms of service? When you register you must agree to our Instructional Agreement. Please review it carefully.
5. How do I pay for the fees? Our billing cycle is every 4 sessions. Every 4-session period, we will automatically bill your credit card for the next 4 sessions. You will not be billed for any holiday weeks.
6. Do I have to pay by credit card? Yes, and we do require a credit card to be kept on file for automatic billing. The online credit card form is secured by SSL protocol and data encryption through Formstack.
7. Do you offer sibling discounts? Yes. For students with siblings in our program, the hourly rate is $40 for the additional sibling. For example, if there are 2 children from one family, one child will be at $45 per hour and the sibling will be at the reduced rate of $40 per hour.
8. What is the class size? The teacher to students ratio is generally 1:6. However, some classes could be larger.
9. How do I get on the waitlist if the class is full? To be put on a waitlist for any of our classes, please submit an online waitlist request and provide the requested information. During the beginning of the academic year, we are always adding new classes so please submit a waitlist request. We will pull students off the waitlist first when we open new classes.
10. Is there a minimum contract period? There is no minimum contract period. We do not obligate you to any long term contract, but you must give 30 days prior written notice to withdraw from classes.
11. What is your absence policy? There are NO REFUNDS for absences. However, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a make-up class for another day during the same week. Make-up classes are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
12. What if I am late to pickup my child? As stated in our Instructional Agreement, if the student in not picked up within 15 minutes after the end of class, there will be a $25 fee for each occurrence.
13. Is there homework? Students at Bridges will not receive any homework. All work is done at Bridges.
14. How many times a week does my child have class at Bridges? Students come to Bridges once a week.
15. Can my child bring a snack to Bridges? In consideration of some of our students that have severe food allergies that could be life-threatening, we have a strict policy of limiting the type of snacks that your child may bring to Bridges. Here is a list of approved snacks. All other snacks are strictly prohibited. Please do not give your child any snacks to bring to Bridges that are not on this list. This list is periodically updated.
16. Do you require an assessment prior to registration? No, an assessment is not required prior to registration. It is only necessary for students with reading & writing skills significantly below grade level.
INSPIRING SMILES : BRINGING BACK THE JOY OF READING AND WRITING
We specialize in teaching the JOY of reading and writing to students in 2nd grade through 8th grade. Not only are we experts in all the current trends and contemporary methods of teaching reading and writing, but, more importantly, we know how to use those methods to help any student develop a genuine and unique joy for reading and writing. Visit us at www.brwi.org for more information.
If you have any questions, please submit a contact request or email us email@example.com.
We are located at 16470 Bake Parkway, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618.
Please visit us as www.brwi.org for more information.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.