Breaking Bread Together: A Conversation on Food, Ethics, And Community
Friday, October 4, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
Food is so much more than what we eat. Food is both sustenance and celebration- the way we weave a community together.
How do food justice, ethics and faith come together? How do we ensure a sustainable food system that provides enough for everyone? Can we get beyond emergency food solutions?
Friday, October 4, Join us for a community-wide conversation about these important questions and more.
Our panelists will include:
- Ellen Parker, Executive Director of Project Bread
- Urvashi Rangan, Ph. D, Director of the Consumer Safety and Sustainability Group for Consumer Reports
- The Reverend Patrick C. Ward, Associate Rector for Worship and Communications at Trinity Church in Boston
- Poonam Ahluwalia, Executive Director of Youth Trade and YES Campaign
- Keynote by Fred Bahnson, Author of Soil & Sacrament: A Spiritual Memoir of Food and Faith
Please register here for our other Pre-event on Thursday, "Can New England England Feed Itself? How Close Can We Get to Sustainability?"
We hope to see you there!
*This event is free but we ask people to register in advance.