San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Procrastination is one of the biggest blocks many professional photographers face and it's an issue for you if 'Yes' is your answer to any of the questions below:
* You are still promising yourself that “next week you will shoot new work for your book””
* You have many creative projects you want to move forward on, but you never start them; or if you begin, you rarely complete what you’ve begun.
* You find yourself saying: “I’ll just spend some time on Facebook and then I will do my work”. But your work rarely, if ever, gets finished.
* You are always completing tasks just before or beyond your or a client's deadline
* You are losing faith in your own word
Every photographer is confronted with procrastination at one time or another in their career.
For some, resistance has become a huge obstacle and a daily struggle. The state of “knowing what to do and not doing it” is way too common in our community.
The good news is that you no longer have to accept procrastination in your life. There are reasons that you are not moving forward and there are clear and easy steps that you can put in place that will break your pattern of resistance.
We all know that finishing projects, keeping our word, and being accountable to ourselves is critical to our happiness. But often we just don’t understand what is behind our action of non-action and many don’t know how to change their behavior.
During this content filled evening you will learn:
- Why creatives resist the very tasks that will truly move them forward
- How to identify your areas of procrastination and resistance
- How to stop leaking energy to your fear of failure
- How to create a routine and environment that supports your productivity and creativity
- SARAH’S TOP 5 PROCRASTINATION BUSTERS!
JOIN us June 20
Selina Maitreya was the first photography consultant in the U.S. Through her 1 on 1 consulting services, online teleseminars, books and lectures she continues to guide, inspire and teach photographers world wide how to build businesses that meet their creative goals while building a business that will thrive.
Dr. Sarah Reiff-Hekking is a Personal and Professional Coach and Clinical Psychologist with 15 years of experience helping people create and achieve their goals. She received her Ph.D. from the SUNY at Stony Brook in 1997 and Coach Certification from MentorCoach. She was on the faculty at UMass Medical School for 6 years and is an experienced coach, psychotherapist, teacher, researcher, and mentor. She founded True Focus Coaching in 2005 and as a business savvy entrepreneur she grew a successful coaching practice during a down economy.
She enjoys coaching groups and individuals on a variety of topics including life balance, increasing productivity and focus, and goal setting and achievement. She specializes in working with smart, creative adults and those with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. She offers private and group coaching services in person and over the telephone. Find out more about her at www.TrueFocusCoaching.com.