Brand, Music, and Artist Partnerships in a Digital Age: Exploring the Impact
- John McCarus, SVP Group Director of Content at Digitas
- John Mitchell, VP US Sales at Spotify
- Camille Hackney, SVP Brand Partnerships and Commercial Licensing at Atlantic Records
- Bruce McKenzie, General Manager at Green Light Music
- Ben Garnero, Associate Brand Manager, Vitamin Water at Coca Cola Company
Date: December 11th, 2012
Time: 6:00-8:00 pm
Bring in the Music, Bring in the Funk: Digital Branding, Music, and Brand Partnerships in a Digital Age
We invite you to join the conversation at Bring in the Music, Bring in the Funk as the Talk NYC community discusses how music is continually evolving as a branding and marketing tool.
The fundamental shift to digital media in how we communicate has created new opportunities in the digital world. It has also changed how music can be layered together with marketing and branding campaigns.
Brand and music partnerships are imperative, especially now that modern technology affords us new ways to connect with customers and music enthusiasts. At the end of the day, brands and artists tend to share one overlapping similarity: Both need to connect with people at the right time to reap the rewards they seek.
During our upcoming event, we will explore the following questions:
- Where does music fit within a content strategy?
- How are brand partnerships handled today with such a large weight placed on social media?
- What are the metrics for successful partnerships when social media and tech platforms are layered into them?
- What is the value of music to any marketing or branding campaign?
- What advertising units work with music involved, and which ones do not work?
Rooftop reception (dependent on weather)
Sponsors: Corbis Images, Frankfurt Kurnit Klein Selz LLP
Tone: Fun, informative, casual, actionable