The Berkeley Postdoc Entrepreneur Program (BPEP) presents:
"Immigration and Entrepreneurship- Visas and more..."
Date: Tuesday, May 21st, 2013
Time: 6:00-8:30 PM
Location: Room #105 Stanley Hall
- Are you a postdoc/grad student on a visa interested in starting your own company?
- Are you a postdoc/grad student interested in hiring a postdoc/graduate student on a visa into your company?
- How about starting a company/business in other countries?
- Are you interested in learning about the immigration reform underway?
The next BPEP workshop will cover some topics related to visa issues and how to steer through those problems. We have Paull Hejinian, Managing Partner at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen and Loewy, LLP, as the guest speaker. Fragomen is recognized as the world's leading Immigration law firm. Some of Paull's accomplishments include:
- Obtained an O-1 approval under great time pressure for a citizen of Singapore offered the position of Chief Executive Officer of a public technology company.
- Developed a comprehensive immigration policy for a large retail and consumer goods chain, with the goal of improving recruiting and retention of foreign nationals while also reducing the costs and administrative burden of immigration sponsorship.
- Worked with the foreign-born founder of a start-up U.S. company to obtain an investor visa, and then developed an immigration strategy for the firm as it grew to almost 100 employees, including many highly skilled foreign workers.
A brief bio of Paull Hejinian can be found here:
6:00 PM Talk by Paull Hejinian
7:00 PM Q & A
7:30 PM Beer Networking Hour
Note: Please note that the talks will start at 6:00PM sharp!
Paid Hourly Visitor Parking is available at the nearby Upper Hearst Parking Structure:
Free street parking is also available.
When & Where
Berkeley Postdoc Entrepreneur Program (BPEP)
The Berkeley Postdoc Entrepreneur Program (BPEP) provides Berkeley and LBL scientists with the skills needed to turn their ideas into startups. Through informal, on-campus workshops, members are able to mingle with entrepreneurial experts, MBAs, and scientists.