Boston, MA "Building Envelope Theme"
September 17, 2013
7 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 ADA Hour | Accessibility/ADA/Barrier-Free
2 GBCI CMP Credit Hours for LEED Professionals
Gift Card Drawings at the conclusion of the Event - Sponsored by "Ron Blank & Associates, Inc"
07:45 AM Registration
08:00 - 09:00 AM
Glass Floor Walkways and Stair Treads
1AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ABC 402
Provider: Acme Brick
Presenter: Steve Weddle
Upon completion of this course you will have a better understanding of designing Glass into
walkways and Stair Treads and how the following are taken into consideration during the
1. Support Methods & Installation.
2. Safety and Modesty.
3. Slip Resistance.
09:10 - 10:10 AM
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and Architectural Diversity
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: BL0002
1 GBCI Credit Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI Course ID: 0090005704
AIA Provider: Dryvit System, Inc.
Presenter: JW Mollohan
1. Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance
within framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective"
insulation value and high performance.
2. Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior
3. Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and
recognize where continuous insulation must be integrated.
4. Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous
insulation to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
10:20 - 11:20 AM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ICS06C - Updated April 2013
1 GBCI Credit Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Glenn Kross
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor
air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain
the importance of “going beyond green.”
11:30 - 12:30 PM
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: AFP1
AIA Provider: Advanced Floor Products (RetroPlate) Provider number J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing
and densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process,
the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds.
12:30 - 01:30 PM Lunch sponsored by Greg Trimboli with "Dynamic Closures"
01:30 - 02:30 PM
Polyiso-The High Performance choice for Continuous Insulation in Commercial Wall Assemblies
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: HP104
AIA Provider: Hunter Panels
Presenter: Grant Stahl
1. Understand the advancement of National Model Energy Codes as they relate to the energy
efficiency of the building envelop.
2. Define and understand "continuous insulation" and how its use effects energy code compliance,
current ASHRAE Standards, LEED the Energy Star program and the International Energy
3. Understand the environmental features and benefits of Polyisocyanurate insulation including
thermal performance, long service life, recycled content, negligible GWP and zero ODP.
4. Understand the NFPA 285 fire test and its role in code compliant wall assemblies.
02:40 - 03:40 PM
PVC Roofing Materials, Performance, Construction, Functionality – One of a Kind?
1 AIA HSW Hour | AIA Course #: SDR116
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Material
Presenter: Tony Matter
PVC is one of the most diverse products in the building industry and one of the most misunderstood.
This presentation will help to better understand why PVC is one of the most versatile and modifiable thermoplastics.
With all the different formulations, types, reinforcements and construction, knowledge of this product type will assist the specifier in creating better specifications.
03:50 - 04:50 PM
The Details of Accessible Design and Construction
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IRB00A
1 ADA Hour | Accessibility/ADA/Barrier-Free
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Ron Blank & Associates
1. Describe a basic overview of accessible design and construction requirements
2. Identify the typical accessibility oversights made during design and construction
3. Properly detail and specify plans to ensure accessibility compliance is achieved
4. Adjust plans to account for construction of accessible spaces and installation of accessible
5. Identify accessibility mistakes through application examples and explain strategies on how
to avoid them.
Gift Card Drawing...
This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.