BostInno's State of Innovation
Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 1:00 PM to 6:30 PM (EDT)
Join 1,000+ business leaders and professionals for an afternoon of high-profile main stage speakers, cutting-edge panel discussions, invigorating breakout sessions and incredible networking at BostInno's second annual State of Innovation Forum.
Registration will open at 12:00pm. Please arrive early to ensure that you won't miss any of the action while waiting in line.
The BostInno Beat comes to State of Innovation (Live!)
Opening address from Governor Deval Patrick
- Mayor Marty Walsh speaks on technology's role in governance and cultivating a unified startup community.
- The State of Innovation in Transportation Panel - featuring Secretary Richard Davey of Mass DOT, Thomas Glynn, CEO at Massport, Matt George, CEO at Bridj, Scott Griffith, (former Zipcar CEO) XIR & Partner at General Catalyst, and Anthony Tivnan, President at Magellan Jets. Moderated by Alex Weaver, Managing Editor at BostInno.
- The State of Innovation in Venture Capital Panel - featuring Jeff Fagnan, Partner at Atlas Venture, Brent Grinna, Founder & CEO of EverTrue, Andy Palmer, CEO at Co-founder at Tamr, Lee Hower, Partner & Co-founder at NextView Ventures, Jamie Goldstein, Partner at North Bridge & Bryant McBride, CEO & Co-founder at Burst. Moderated by Greg Gomer, SVP at Streetwise Media.
- The State of Innovation in Retail / E-commerce Panel - featuring Greg Selkoe, CEO at Karmaloop, Rob Go, Partner at NextView Ventures, Susan Standiford, CTO at Rue La La, Larry Meyer, CEO at UNIQLO and Mark Bollman, President and Founder of Ball and Buck.
- The State of Innovation in Mobile Panel - featuring Alec Francesconi, President at Cantina, Brian Suthoff, Chief Strategy Officer and Co-founder at Localytics, Mark Kasdorf, Founder of Intrepid Pursuits and Jennifer Lum, Co-founder of Adelphic Mobile. Moderated by Scott Kirsner, columnist for the Boston Globe.
Fireside chat with Jonathan Kraft, President of The Kraft Group, and Michael McCann, Director of Sports & Entertainment Law at UNH Law
- The Billion Dollar Mark - a panel featuring companies that have reached the Billion Dollar Market Cap. Moderated by Mike Troiano, CMO at Actifio. Panelists include Jit Saxena, Chairman at Netezza/Applix, Colin Angle, CEO at iRobot, Barbara Messing, CMO at TripAdvisor, Steve Conine, Co-founder of Wayfair and Brad Rinklin, SVP & CMO at Akamai.
- The State of Innovation in Education Panel - featuring Rob Rubin, Vice President of Engineering at edX, Debbie Cavalier, VP of Online Learning at Berklee Online, Aaron Feuer, CEO at Panorama Education, Anand Chopra-McGowan, Head of Enterprise New Markets at General Assembly, Sarah Hodges, VP of Marketing & Strategy at Smarterer, Lawrence Neeley, Assistant Professor of Design & Entrepreneurship at Olin College, and Hugh Courtney, Dean of D'Amore McKim School of Business & Professor of International Business & Strategy at Northeastern University.
- The State of Innovation in Robotics Panel - Moderated by Curt Nickisch, Business & Tech Reporter at WBUR and featuring Jim Lawton, CMO at Rethink Robotics, Jason Walker, Director of Operations at CyPhy Works Inc., and Dr. Cynthia Breazeal, Associate Professor of Media Arts & Sciences at MIT.
- The State of Innovation in Advertising Panel - featuring Anne Weiskopf, VP of Business Development at Digiday, Bill Simmons, Co-founder & CTO at DataXu, Jason Burke, VP of Product at clypd, Sean Corcoran, SVP at Mullen, Jamie Scheu, VP of Content at Hill Holliday and Ted Nelson, CEO at Mechanica.
- The State of Innovation in Fitness Panel - featuring New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman, Jordan Fliegel, CEO of CoachUp, George Foreman III, Founder of The Club by George Foreman, and moderated by Eric Berkson MD, Director of Mass General Sports Performance Center.
Closing keynote by Naval Ravikant, Co-founder at AngelList
Announcing the Winners of the 2014 #SoGood Awards
Join us after the event for even more discussion at M.J. O'Connor's Waterfront!
Thank You to Our Partners and Sponsors
When & Where
The online publishing platform behind BostInno, and InTheCapital - local news sites covering innovation.