San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Booz Allen Dragon Boat Club is now signing up participants for the 2014 Capital Dragon Boat Regatta at the Southwest DC Waterfront (relocated from National Harbor). This festival is a full day event on Saturday, August 23. The event is open to all Booz Allen staff members and their families and friends. Paddlers are expected to attend two practice sessions leading up to the race. These practice sessions will take place at Gangplank Marina on prior Saturdays and Sundays in August (final practice dates will be shared soon - they likely will be August 10 and 17).
We hope to see you on the water!
- The seat fee includes two on-water instructional practices and race day equipment (boats, paddles, and personal flotation devices). No equipment is required on your part. Just bring a water bottle and team spirit!
- All skill levels are welcome (no experience is necessary).
- If 20-24 people sign up, we will race one team. If 38-44 people sign up, we can have two teams. In the event that we are unable to have two teams, seat fees will be refunded to those individuals not assigned to a team (unfortunately, processing fees cannot be refunded).
- For the races, seating assignments will require balancing the Festival’s Mixed Team gender requirements (at least 8 males, 8 females per boat).
- Additional land practices or training sessions may be scheduled.
- To learn more about the Capital Dragon Boat Regatta, refer to their website.