San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Bookkeeping 411 (TM) ... Are All your Ducks in a Row?
Presented by Lori Bianco, CPA, CGMA, of BiancoCPA
JOIN US FOR THIS INFORMATIVE PRIMER
Learn why a well-designed bookkeeping system is the foundation for accurate financial reporting and taxation compliance. Explore different bookkeeping options and how to create efficiencies that can translate into operational cost savings.
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- Arrive anytime between 8:00 am and 8:30 am for coffee and registration.
- The program begins at 8:30 am and will conclude at 10:00 am.
Many entrepreneurs find they need help creating and using a bookkeeping system. Bookkeeping 411 is designed as a primer for those looking to understand the basics of designing, implementing and maintaining a bookkeeping system. Discussion points include:
- Choosing a manual versus an automated bookkeeping system
- Creating a customized chart-of-accounts
- Understanding the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers
- Customizing transaction processes that work for you
- Maintaining appropriate physical/electronic records
- Designing reconciliation procedures
- Learning about basic financial statements and their purpose
- Interpreting basic financial data and ratios
- Formulating a solid management dashboard
- Answering specific questions from participants
Lori is a Certified Public Accountant and a Chartered Global Management Accountant, as well as being an entrepreneur herself. She is a graduate of Walsh College of Accountancy and Business Administration and has held positions in public accounting and in private industry in the manufacturing sector before founding her own practice in 1997. She is currently "Director of Perfect Service" at Bianco and Company PLC (BiancoCPA) with offices in Sterling Heights and Novi.
Lori most enjoys the teaching aspect of her profession and welcomes opportunities to impact the success of businesses, no matter how small. She shares her expertise via, among others, her Executive-in-Residence position at the MAComb-OU INCubator, her workshops sponsored by the Macomb County SBTDC at Velocity and the AICPA's participation in the Veteran's Fast Launch Program virtually. She currently holds Board positions at the Macomb/St. Clair Workforce Development Board and several local non-profit organizations. She volunteers her time mentoring those about the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship.
To register for this event, visit:
For more information on this program, please contact Kim at BiancoCPA at (586) 979-7800, extension 208.
For more information on the Executives-in-Residence program, please contact Joan Carleton at macINC@oakland.edu or (586) 884-9324.