Book Launch Party: The Year Without Pants
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Please come and help me celebrate the launch of my fifth book: The Year Without Pants: WordPress.com and the Future of Work.
The book tells my behind the scenes adventures of as a former MSFT manager who returns to the front lines at the most interesting company in the world (no email, no meetings, no pants). It's gotten fantastic reviews from fancypants people before it's even out!
Why you should come:
- Help me celebrate three years of work
- Great food/drinks by Resteraunt Zoe / Quinn's Pub
- Meet cool people who are my friends and fans
- Get your book (or body part) signed
- If you're brave, touch, or wear, the red underwear
- I'll give a short talk and Q&A (~8pm)
- You'll need a ticket (they're free!) to get in
- Doors open at 7pm, Tues Sept 17th, 2013
- The venue, Sole Repair, is located at 1001 E Pike
Bring a friend or two (get tickets), especially if they have popular blogs, a kabillion twitter followers, or control the NYTimes bestseller list. In all cases, your attendance will help spread the word of a great new book and make my hard work worthwhile. Hope to see you.
- All of my books will be on sale (in limited quantities)
- Elliot Bay Books, one block away, should have it in stock before the event
For those of you not familiar with me: I'm a local author who has written four popular books (Making Things Happen, The Myths of Innovation, Confessions of a Public Speaker and Mindfire). My work has appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, The Economist, BusinessWeek and on NPR, CNBC and MSNBC. I've been writing a popular blog for nearly a decade at www.scottberkun.com and I tweet at @berkun.
Use #nopants to talk about the event if you're twitter inclined.