Boneshaker Project Kids to Parks Family Ride
Saturday, May 17, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Children, families, teachers, towns, and parks are gearing up for this year's Kids to Parks Day, a nation-wide day of outdoor play. This year's KTP Day will be held on May 17, the Saturday before Memorial weekend.
National Parks Trust is encouraging children across the country to explore their neighborhood parks and discover the history, nature and adventure right around the corner or just across town.
Boneshaker Project, whose mission it is to get kids outside, playing, and feeling strong early in life is proud to be participating with National Park Trust on this day! We want to share Austin’s amazing parks and community organizations with kids of all ages. We will explore Zilker Park Trails and meet with collaborators and other community organizations and businesses.
This will be a ‘practicing responsible Social Media’ event & will include: Twitter, Instagram, FourSquare, Facebook & MapMyFitness
For our scavenger hunt, we will meet at the Texas Rowing Center, on Veterans Drive, on the North side of Lady Bird Lake near Austin High School Track. Parking can be found along Veterans Drive and the parking lot by the tennis courts.
Our scavenger hunt stations, as numbered on the MapMyRide map, will include:
- Texas Rowing Center – Self-Sponsored
- Eilers (Deep Eddy Pool) Park Playground – Sponsored by BREAKDANCE AUSTIN
- Zilker Park Beach Volleyball Courts – Sponsored by AUSTIN SPORTS CENTER
- Austin Science and Nature Center – Self Sponsored
- Zilker Disc Golf – Sponsored by BEARDED BROS NUTRITION BARS
- Barton Springs Pool – Self-Sponsored
- A Surprise visit by an Austin-based XGames Athlete
Each station stop will last an average of 15 minutes.
- Texas Rowing Center Volunteers will share with families information about all the different forms of kayaks, paddles boards, etc. Also, they will teach important water/boat safety rules. One lucky family may get the chance to go on a kayak to model proper use and safety.
- Eilers (Deep Eddy) Park/Playground Lively and Fun Dancing Demo by Breakdance Austin
- Zilker Park Beach Volleyball Austin Sports Center volleyball club will teach kids basic volleyball skills & rules
- Austin Science and Nature Center This will be more of a relaxing station for the kids. We will have the kids explore the garden for exotic plants that they have never seen.
- Zilker Disc Golf The kids will get the opportunity to play a hole of disc golf with Chris Simpson & get a snack of samples from Bearded Bros Bars, Boneshaker Project Community Partner, who gives back 1% of sales to our cause!
- Barton Springs Pool Kids & their parents take a quick dip and/or feed the pigeons
- Pfluger Bridge Overlook Kids will be on the lookout for a surprise visitor – a bike trick demo, a photo op and a chance to get an autograph from an Austin-based XGames BMX Freestyle Street Athlete!
When & Where
Boneshaker Project's mission is to inspire kids to lead healthy, active lifestyles!