Jersey City, NJ - 7 HSW and 1 GBCI Credit Hours
- Business & Professional
- Saint Peters University - Dinneen Hall - McIntyre Conference Center - FREE PARKING, Jersey City NJ
‘Continuing Education and Networking Event’
August 21, 2014
5 HSW Credit Hours towards your state requirements
8:00 AM Registration Begins
Morning pastries, fruit and coffee served
8:30 - 9:30 AM (8:30 - 9:35 per DR)
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISF07A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Harry Lubitz
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention, as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops.
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices.
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention.
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics.
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards.
9:40 – 10:40 AM (9:40 - 10:45)
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: SDR 113
Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: George Karch
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven to
perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations and long
term service life.
1. Review Various Studies that demonstrate the sustainability and long term performance of EPDM
2. Understand the innovative EPDM technologies which enhance the design and overall system
3. Learn about the various tools used to quantify the energy savings of EPDM roof systems.
4. Learn about 'energy saving' benefits of a properly designed EPDM roof system.
10:50 – 11:50 AM (10:55 - 11:30)
Locker Solutions for Every Place and Purpose
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISP10E
AIA Provider: Scranton Products
Presenter: Randy Berg
Lockers come in many shapes and sizes. In this one hour course, we will discuss uses for lockers,
material choices and accessories. We will learn about ADA compliance and sustainability as it relates
to lockers, and we will take a look at different options that add to the visual appeal, and options that
make for an easier user experience.
1. Compare and contrast different material types for lockers in terms of their makeup, maintenance,
life span, and sustainable benefits to occupants and the environment
2. Identify different applications for HDPE plastic lockers and discuss design options that make them
more user-friendly, ADA compliant, and aesthetically pleasing to end users based on those
3. Identify the health and environmental benefits of specifying HDPE plastic lockers made from 100%
4. Discuss fire code compliance of lockers and explain the importance of recognizing NFPA 286.
12:00 PM Lunch Provided
12:30 – 1:30 PM (12:10 - 1:10)
Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc. Sponsor: Metals USA
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation
will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
1:40 – 2:40 PM (1:20- 2:20 per DR)
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW Credit Hour | AIA Course #: AFP1
AIA Provider: CureCrete - AIA Provider #: J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Understanding Polished Densified Concrete utilizing the RetroPlate System of polished concrete.
1. Densified Polished Concrete
2. Identify the challenges, disadvantages of using floor coatings and membranes as opposed to
chemical densifiers. Identify the advantages of using chemical densifiers over floor coatings
3. Learn how the process of concrete densification eliminates the need for additional applications,
and can enhance the overall performance of concrete for the life of the floors, when using the
right chemical densifier product.
4. Identify the added benefits that polishing can add to densified concrete and the low life cycle cost
factor when compared to other types of flooring materials and coverings such as tile, terrazzo, etc.
'This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes'
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.