San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Bob Hicks Memorial 5K
Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014
(Please read this page in its entirety to learn
how you can participate, become a sponsor or make
a donation to an individual or team.)
Online registration will be open until 8 p.m., Friday, Aug. 15.
Register on site on Saturday, Aug. 16 between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m.
The website will remain open through Wednesday, Aug. 20 for donations.
Runners and walkers are invited to join us for a fun-filled morning in memory of Bob “Beeper” Hicks. Bob was long-time resident of Villa Park and a valued member of Community Congregational Church. Bob passed away from cancer in December 2012 and would definitely approve of this event as a way of helping his beloved church and community.
And, in true Bob fashion, we’re encouraging everyone to “bring on the humor” … wear a crazy hat, clown nose or over-sized glasses or, come with your best one-liner. You get the idea, but remember it’s all in good clean fun of course!
The event will start and end at the church, located at the corner of Highland and Cornell in Villa Park then, proceed to the Illinois Prairie Path and head east toward Elmhurst.
- Runners are encouraged to complete the entire 5K.
- Walkers are welcome to challenge themselves to any distance.
- Seniors will strut a leisurely 1/4 mile.
7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Check-in/Registration Open
8:30 a.m. CCC Choir Members Perform
8:45 a.m. Announcements/Call to Start Line
9:00 a.m. 5K Step Off
9:05 a.m. Senior Strut Step Off
9:45 a.m. Winners Awarded (male & female)
10:00 – 10:30 a.m. Cake Walk
- $20 donation per 5K participant--includes drinks and snacks, an event T-shirt while supplies last and one incentive gift entry ticket
- Kids ages 12 and under free with registered adult--includes drinks and snacks and an event T-shirt while supplies last
- $15 donation per Senior Strut participant--includes an event T-shirt while supplies last and one Cake Walk game entry ticket
Note: All sales are final and your donation is greatly appreciated.
Fundraising: To make a donation to sponsor this event or to sponsor an individual participant, click on the "Participate as an Individual" button on the top of this site's home page.
We encourage all participants to raise funds over and above the registration fee as an additional way to support the church's mission. Participants can request a pledge form to assist them in soliciting their family and friends by emailing BobHick5K@gmail.com.
Fundraising Incentive: Prizes will include gift cards and various donated merchandise items
- Raise $100 and earn 1 entry ticket
- Raise $250 and earn 3 entry tickets
- Raise $500 and earn 7 entry tickets
- Raise $1,000 and earn 15 entry tickets
Bonus: Earn an additional ticket by bringing a non-perishable grocery or food item or gently used clothing item.
Waiver: By registering for this event, I understand that I am voluntarily participating in the Bob Hicks Memorial 5K at my own risk and at my own request. I hereby waive all claims against the event organizer, Community Congregational Church of Villa Park, sponsors, and/or any event personnel, paid or volunteer, for any injury that I might suffer in this event. I also hereby waive the Village of Villa Park and County of DuPage, its successors, designees and assigns, harmless for any injury to myself for my participation in this event. I also grant full permission for the free use of my name, picture, and voice in any broadcast, telecast, print account or any account in any medium used in connection with this event.
Note: While advanced registration is encouraged, we will also accept day of event registration. Please arrive to Community Congregational Church no later than 8:30 a.m. on event day. Keep in mind that T-shirts and welcome bags are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Cash or credit card will be accepted.
When & Where
Community Congregational Church
CCC Outreach Includes:
- The Outreach House - First Things First (Lombard)
- First United Methodist Church Food Pantry (Lombard)
- Disciples Food Pantry (Villa Park)
- CCC Clothes Closet (Villa Park)
- Homeless Veterans
- Students (and families) of District 48 and District 45 - Villa Park
- Disaster Relief from flooding & tornadoes in IL, MS, CO and MO (in 2013)
- Misericordia Home (Chicago)
- Deicke Home (Lombard)