This ticket is for the entire series of 8 workshops in the 2011-12 BoardWALK Workshop Series.
BoardWALK workshops are offered monthly at Lawrence Technological University, October – May. All workshops are held on Fridays from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, Room 218, Buell Management Building, Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, MI. Contact: email@example.com or 248-204-3095.
Schedule for BoardWALK 2011-12
1. October 5, 2012 - Board Member Essentials. An overview of best practices for board members regarding managerial roles and their legal and ethical responsibilities.
2. November 2, 2012 - Strategic Planning - Making it Work. Understand the fundamentals of strategic planning and the board’s role in the development, implementation, and evaluation of an organization’s strategic performance.
3. December 7, 2012 - Fund Development for Board Members - Learn the roles of the board and staff in leading a successful fund development program.
4. January 11, 2013 - Financial Oversight. An engaging introduction to the board’s role in financial accountability and strategies for providing financial oversight.
5. February 1, 2013 - Building Your Board. Understand how to develop a productive, self-renewing board using self assessment, recruitment, and training tools for board members.
6. March 1, 2013 - Executive Director and Board Relationships. Learn how to develop an effective relationship with the executive director and manage the roles and responsibilities of the executive director in relation to the board.
7. April 5, 2013 - Strategic Partnering. Examine and understand the benefits and best practices of forming strategic partnerships and the leadership role boards’ play.
8. May 3, 2013 - Social Media and Nonprofit Management. Introduction to social media and web-based tools and how they are being used in nonprofit management.
For more information contact:
Jerry Lindman, J.D.
Director, Center for Nonprofit Management
College of Management
Lawrence Technological University
21000 West 10 Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075-1058
Phone: 1-800-CALL-LTU or (248) 204-3095
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.