BoardLink is a collaborative initiative of Organizational Solutions and HandsOn Greater Richmond that provides board service training and a board member recruitment platform. Organizational Solutions provides monthly opportunities for nonprofit representatives to be guided through the process of posting an effective board and/or board committee posting through HandsOn's BoardLink database.
The session covers:
- Essentials of posting an online board member “classified ad”
- BoardLink process from recruitment to follow up
- Tips and tools for successful recruitment
It is recommended that each representative bring the following materials: role descriptions, by – laws, and relevant policies or procedures. Having an active, up to date GiveRichmond portrait online is also recommended. `
Wireless internet access is available in the meeting center, and attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet to complete their posting online during the training.
BoardLink benefits nonprofits by:
- Minimizing research time to identify and recruit qualified candidates with specific skills
- Improving access to committed, enthusiastic volunteers with a diverse range of backgrounds and interests
- Securing board candidates who are trained and “ready to be seated” at the board table
So please, sign up today to learn how to best leverage this board member recruitment opportunity!