San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
As the only African-American talk radio station in Pennsylvania, 900AM-WURD is THE voice of the community – and we want to stay that way. Join us on Monday, April 22, 2013 from 5:30pm – 7:30pm at the Free Library for our next WURD Speaks event, BLACKOUT: Reinventing Black Media in the Digital Age.
900AM-WURD has partnered with Wilco Electronics and Philly Tech Week to bring BLACKOUT to life. It will feature a conversation with Federal Communications Commissioner Mignon Clyburn, the FCC’s only African-American woman.
We will also hold a roundtable discussion between Black media experts and 3 longstanding local Black media companies; The Philadelphia Tribune, Wilco Electronics and 900AM-WURD. We will explore topics like: the importance of independent Black media; the lack of Black media ownership; the digital divide; and the changing landscape of media overall and what it means for our community.
Roundtable participants include:
- Robert W. Bogle, President & CEO of the Philadelphia Tribune
- Mignon Clyburn, FCC Commissioner
- William Crowder, Managing Director of DreamIt Ventures & Lead Advisor of the Comcast Ventures
- Brigitte Daniel, Executive Vice President of Wilco Electronic Systems
- Sara Lomax-Reese, President & General Manager of 900AM-WURD
- Navarrow Wright, CTO Interactive One
Event information at-a-glance:
Monday, April 22, 2013
5:30pm – 7:30pm
BLACKOUT: Reinventing Black Media in the Digital Age
Free Library of Philadelphia
1901 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103. Admission is FREE but you MUST RSVP at www.900AMWURD.com or call 215-425-7875.
BLACKOUT is presented by Universal Companies and sponsored by Wilco Electronics, PECO, Comcast/NBC, Sugar House Casino and Philly Tech Week