Let's Move it Philly! is a charity concert party held annually to raise funds for Tariq "Black Thought" Trotter's GrassROOTS Community Foundation to benefit poor women and girls.
Let's Move It Philly 2012
Exclusive performances at Sigma Sound with:
Black Thought and Questlove of The Legendary Roots Crew
DJ Rich Medina (Rock Steady Crew, Jump n Funk)
DJ Diamond Kuts (Nikki Minaj, Power 99)
Money Making Jam Boys
Doors at 8pm
$30 Advanced Tickets
$40 cover at the door
Must be 21+
Photo ID required
When & Where
GrassROOTS Community Foundation
GrassROOTS Community Foundation (GCF) is a public health and social action organization. We invest in our community members’ collective well-being, so that they can use their health and energy to transform themselves, their families and communities. We support, develop and scale health and wellness programs for women and girls, particularly those who are impoverished. We also advocate for policies and practices that reduce disparities and foster equity.
Our efforts focus on supporting organizational, community and policy health initiatives. We support, develop and scale social action public health programs for women and girls because they are often the primary caregivers, are at the highest risk for poverty and health challenges and are most likely to return their wealth to their communities.
WHAT WE DO:
- Engage and unite for community health
- Fund and provide technical support to community health and wellness initiatives
- Develop models that are low-cost, high-impact, evidence driven and context specific
- Work with girls, their families and community members to create health solutions
- Investigate and collect data to inform policy and practice
- Advocate for health programs and policies that benefit women and girls