San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Black Spectacles Live, Level 1 Digital Design Workshops
Architecture Software Crash Course
Instructor: Jorge Barrero, Gensler
Working from partially built models, you will (very quickly) build the Stahl house in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper & 3ds Max.
Learn the sweet spot: Through this process of building 3d models in different software, you will learn what the sweet spots and limitations are for each tool. You’ll develop orthogonal and 3-d drawings in each software along the way.
Workflow focus: Then you’ll bring those drawings into Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign to develop an understanding of the most effective workflow for generating digital drawings.
What is the refund policy?
Ticket purchases are final and are not refundable. You may transfer your ticket to another person if you cannot attend. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a ticket transfer.
What do I need to bring?
You will need to bring your own laptop with a current version of Revit 2015, AutoCAD 2015, Sketchup Pro 2014, Rhino 5, Grasshopper & 3ds Max 2015 installed & ready to go (please test the software before you arrive as there will be limited assistance for getting your software running).
You can download trial versions here:
- Revit 2015: http://www.autodesk.com/products/revit-family/free-trial
- AutoCAD 2015: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/free-trial
- 3ds Max 2015: http://www.autodesk.com/products/3ds-max/free-trial
- SketchUp Pro 2014: http://www.sketchup.com/download
- Rhino 5: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest
- Grasshopper: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/grasshopper/1.0/wip?PageSpeed=noscript
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign): http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html
When & Where
Marc is an architect, educator and the founder of Black Spectacles.