San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Black Family Day
Saturday, May 3rd, 11:30-4:30pm
Newport Dunes Resort
It's Black Family Time Jack & Jill of Los Angeles!!! We have had a blast every year since 2012 at the Dunes and this year will be no different. The window for registration is brief -- so don't delay your response to this first message about our Black Family Day Weekend. Remember, this is our flexible-family camping trip!
All Members & Associates must register and pay a $25 fee per family to attend any of the activities and you must book your own accomodations.
Here are the options:
- Saturday Lunch & Activites Only: Members who plan to attend the lunch only, must resigter here and pay the $25 fee per family.
- Rough-It: Member tent-campers must register, pay $25 fee and book an overnight camping space at Newport Dunes Resort by phone at $99/night. Call 1-800-765-7661 to book your tent camping space as soon as possible.
- Glamp-It: Members who want to Glamp-it in a Cottage have already booked up all the cottages at the Dunes!!! RV slips are available starting at $89/night. You can book online through this link www.newportdunes.com
- To book a hotel room at the Newport Beach Hyatt call 1-949-729-1234
- Everyone who is a Glamping -It (in a cottage, RV or at the Hotel, must also register, pay the $25 fee per family.
5:30 - Moe B's BBQ at 5:30 ($5-7 per plate.) or Bring/buy your own dinner
7:30 - Family Bonfire & Smores
8:00-10:00am Family Day Campers Breakfast (Campers Only)
11:30-12:00pm Welcome and Set-up
12:00-1:00pm Black Family Fish Fry
Menu: Fried Fish, Cole Slaw, Corn on the Cob, Baked BBQ Beans, Peach Cobbler, Hamburgers/Hot Dogs
1:00-3:00pm Group Level Activities
2:00 - 3:30 Adults: Domino and card tables
7:30-10:00 pm Bonfire, Sing-along, S’mores and hot drinks
Pack-up and check-out by Noon
When & Where
JJLA 2014 Black Family Day Committee
The first weekend of May every year, Jack and Jill of America chapters around the world celebrate Black Families. The Los Angeles Chapter organizes a camping weekend of activities that help us to remember we are a family and celebrates the joy of living, playing and working together ---it's the Jack and Jill way!
Black Family Day Committee 2014