BKSwappers-Brooklyn Food Swap
Kate (Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking) Meg (Brooklyn Honey & Brooklyn Homesteader) Neil (Brooklyn Creative League)
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
Date: Wednesday, Oct 27
Time: 7-10pm, swap happens promptly at 8:30 (don’t show up after then with swap desires)
Here’s the drill, you bring:
1. Larder goods you made (those jams, pickles, kimchi, preserves, butters, chutneys you’ve compulsively canned over the summer)
2. A homemade (i.e. wrapped) food unit for trade (think a bag of crackers, batch of outta-this-world cookies, a loaf of bread, dried foods, ummm…whatevs, just so long as you made it)
There's no minimum or limit to what you can bring to swap, so bring as few or as many items as you please.
3. A snack for 20-30 people to share at the swap. It doesn’t have to
feed everyone, but cutting larger things up in advance is a good idea.
Remember, there’ll be two separate features of the party on Oct 27, feel free to participate in one or both:
1. SWAPPING goods we made (pickles, loaves of bread, jams, chutneys, biscuits, bags of granola, etc.) All trade items are considered equal (food swap equal rights manifesto!) so please don’t bring anything you deem worth more, etc.
2. SAMPLING goods we made and brought to share at the party
Stay connected before and after the party: Meg (@bkhomesteader), the BCL (@CreativeBrooklyn), and I (@hipgirls) are on Twitter. You can find each other via party hashtag: #BKSwappers