Bixby Gala 2014!
Friday, May 16, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 11:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
**UPDATE 5/13/2014: GOOD NEWS! There are just 20 tickets left for the Gala, and Basin Harbor is able to offer meal choices for those through noon on Thursday, May 15th. All tables have now sold- so remaining tickets will be for open seating only. Please email us with any questions- email@example.com!
The Gala is BACK and will be better than ever in 2014, thanks to your feedback! We're busy planning for spring and will look forward to seeing you there!
Our entree choices this year are as follows:
- Cocktail hour with light snacks for all attendees will be in the Terrace Room, so that you can get a preview of our silent auction items!
- Dessert will be "family style" with a large platter brought to each table for sharing (or not!)
- The GRIFT returns for 2014! See them between now and the Gala by checking their schedule at http://www.thegrift.com/
- Did you miss out on the Sponsor's Reception last year? Don't miss it again! The Sponsor's Reception is for all 2014 donors to the Bixby of $100 or more-this minimum donation admits two to a special hosted reception before the Gala. If you've already donated, you'll receive an invitation from us. If not, make your donation here and join the fun!
- Thinking of making a weekend of it? Basin Harbor once again is offering special room rates for Gala attendees for Friday May 16 and Saturday May 17. Rates start at $109 plus tax for standard guest rooms and include a full, hot breakfast the following day. 1, 2 and 3 bedroom cottages are also available at reduced rates. Call (802) 475-2311 and mention the Bixby Gala to make your reservations. You'll need to show your ticket receipt at the desk when checking in to your room to confirm this rate.
SPONSORS: You can become a sponsor right here on EventBrite! Make your tax deductible donation to the Bixby now, and join us for our second annual Sponsor's Reception at 5pm! Enjoy beer, wine, hors d'oeuvres and a special drawing just for sponsors before the Gala begins. Later in the season, enjoy additional Sponsor's Events. Sponsor levels are listed here, and can apply to either businesses or individuals:
BRONZE: $100. Includes an invitation to the Sponsor’s Reception at Basin Harbor, entry in our drawing for “the big prize” for sponsors only and we’ll list your business or family name on a poster at the Gala.
SILVER: $250. Includes all of the above, plus listing of your business or family name on all Gala web and print advertising, plus one ticket to the Gala itself! (subtract $60 for this ticket from your total donation, by making the donation amount $190)
GOLD: $500. Includes all of the above, plus your business' logo (family crest?) is included in all of our advertising plus two tickets to the Gala! (subtract $120 from your total donation, making the donation amount $380)
Why did the price go up $10 per person this year?
Food costs increased, and based on your feedback from last year we also wanted to improve the quality of the meal if we had to increase the price. This year we're able to offer entree choices and enhanced cocktail hour and dessert options.
Why are all of the tables only for 12 people this year?
Last year we had to turn away quite a few people who would have liked to attend the Gala because we weren't maximizing the room/table capacity. In order to correct this, we need to have all of the tables be "12-tops". If you have a party of less than 12 you'll be seated at a table with other Gala guests! If you have a special request (for example to be seated with another smaller party), please email us and we'll do our best to make it happen.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
There is no ID requirement or age limit to enter the Gala, however ID is required to consume or purchase alchoholic beverages or should you choose to go to the Red Mill at Basin Harbor after the Gala ends.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There will be plenty of parking at the Main Dining Room! Consider staying at the harbor overnight at our special discounted prices by calling Basin Harbor directly at (802) 475-2311. Be sure to mention the Bixby to obtain the discount! We strongly recommend that you have a designated driver if traveling home after the Gala, or consider taxi service.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Bring your dancing shoes, your dressy clothes (semi-formal/cocktail attire) and get ready to celebrate! Please don't bring any pets or outside food or drink. Children with a valid ticket to the event are welcome.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Call the Bixby at (802) 877-2211 or email us by clicking the link below with any questions that you have that aren't answered here.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
YES! If, sadly, you cannot attend the event, you can give your ticket(s) and entree choice(s) to a friend. We cannot issue any refunds for tickets, so please pass them on if you're unable to use them!
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
YES! Though we're smartphone friendly, so showing us your ticket on your phone is fine too. Please bring your ticket in electronic or paper form, and be sure to show it at hotel registration if you'll be checking in at Basin Harbor for the night, since the special discounted room rates are only for Bixby Gala guests.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
YES! Only one attendee can use a ticket, but it's ok if the names don't match. Table tickets and tickets purchased for a group by one person will each have the name of the person purchasing the tickets.