Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Birds of a Feather: Teaching Circles Interest Workshop
Friday, August 29, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
Encouraging Conversations about Teaching and Learning
Teaching circles are groups of faculty who exchange ideas, strategies and techniques around topics in teaching and learning. These groupings are created on the premise that excellence in teaching is a necessity in the development of successful students. Teaching circle participants will have the opportunity to explore techniques in teaching and learning, and discuss everything that affects the learning environment with a supportive group of colleagues.
- Teaching circles can be discipline-specific, interdisciplinary, campus or college-wide
- Participants will attend a combination of face-to-face and electronic working group sessions.
- Participants will be encouraged to focus on a “specific” topic
- Participants will be guided to (a) reflect on current practices (b) share existing strategies which have proven to be effective in YOUR class (c) discuss and generate NEW strategies (d) plan and implement new strategies (e) measure impact/learning
- Participants will be asked to complete an end-of-program evaluation
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development in teachingand/or technology with supportive group of colleagues
- Instructional Enhancement Grants available (from CTL) for purchase of supplies and/or materials needed
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning presentation/publication opportunities
SAMPLE Ideas for Topics (these are only examples; please suggest other ideas)
Common Core Requirements and Responses/Interventions
Flipping YOUR classroom
Teaching Without a Text
And any other you can think of….
When & Where
Perimeter College Center for Teaching and Learning (GSU)
The Center for Teaching and Learning offers opportunities for the faculty of Georgia Perimeter College to develop their teaching, service and professional activities and provides resources for reflection, rejuvenation and innovation.
Our goal is to improve the environment for learning by serving the faculty and responding to their professional needs so they can better meet the needs of their students.