Biopathways Partnership Network Meeting
Monday, February 24, 2014 at 6:30 PM - Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Forest Fibre and Bioproduct Developments:
Right Now and Moving Forward
Hyatt Regency Toronto hotel, 370 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario
February 24-25, 2014
The Forest Products Association of Canada and the Ontario Government invite you to participate in a workshop on forest fibre-based bioproduct developments in Ontario. This workshop will be held at the Hyatt Regency Toronto hotel in Toronto, Ontario on February 24-25, 2014.
Ontario is widely recognized as being an important player in the agricultural bioeconomy. But Canada’s most populous province has significant forest biomass resources and a sizable forest products industry from which it can strengthen its position in the bioeconomy. Indeed the provincial government would like to see growth in this sector and the jobs that result.
The objectives of this workshop are to provide an opportunity for information exchange and networking, and to build more visibility and support for bioproduct developments in Ontario.
This workshop will examine the forest bioeconomy from several angles. You will hear from a number of experts about:
- Ian de la Roche, delaRoche Consultancy, and Tom Browne, FPInnovations, will give different perspectives from the forest industry on market opportunities for forest-based bioproducts
- Stephen Fitzpatrick, Biofine, will talk about Biofine’s conversion technology and potential for Ontario
- Jamie Stephen, TorchLight Bioresources, will challenge our thinking on where the attractive opportunities exist
- A senior executive of Ensyn will give us an update on their technology and business development
- William Harney, Magna International, will give an update on opportunities in the auto/auto parts sector.
- More speakers yet to be confirmed. We hope to have the agenda out very shortly.
A host reception will be held on the evening of Monday, February 24th, 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm. The workshop be Tuesday February 25th, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Participation is FREE.
To register please visit: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/biopathways-partnership-network-meeting-tickets-10064123063
Hotel accommodations can be made by contacting the Hyatt Regency at:
Email Celly Kan-Holbrook at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention the Forest Products Association of Canada in your email.
ROOM RATE PER NIGHT:
RESERVATION CUT-OFF DATE:
The hotel agrees to hold the above noted room block until Tuesday, January 14, 2014. They will continue to accept reservations after that date at the best available rate, subject to availability.
Please make your reservation as soon as possible to ensure that you are guaranteed accommodations.
Stay tuned for the agenda!