BigDataCamp Santa Clara - June 28, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Clara, United States
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format. Led by CloudCamp's Dave Nielsen, attendees are encouraged to share thoughts in open discussions with pre-defined and majority-vote topics, including best practices in application development and advanced analytics.
Data engineers, enterprise architects, developers, analysts, data mining and business intelligence professionals are encouraged to attend and mix with other members of the community.
BigDataCamp takes place the night before Hadoop Summit 2011 and we encourage all attendees to join us for a lively discussion, simple food, and a frosty beverage or two. For more information and to register, please visit: http://developer.yahoo.com/events/hadoopsummit2011
5201 Great America Pkwy (map)
Santa Clara Room
Santa Clara, CA 95054
5:30pm - Food, Drinks & Networking
6:15pm - Welcome, Thank yous & Introductions
6:30pm - Lightning Talks (5 minutes each)
- Jim Falgout of Pervasive DataRush
- Chris K. Wensel - Concurrent is hiring! (link)
- Ben Lee - "How Foursquare uses BigData"
- Andrew Yu - Sr. Director Engineering at EMC
- Paul Baclace - Phatvis (phase-time visualizer)
- Guy Harrison - Sr. Director R&D at Quest Software
- "Interactive Big Data Analytics" by Steve Wooledge - Sr. Director Product Marketing at Aster Data
7:15pm - Prepare for Unconference Breakout Sessions (solicit breakout topics, etc.). Proposed Topics:
- "Big Data meets Old Data : integrating RDBMS with Big Data sources" by Guy Harrison
- "Working with Social Graph BigData" by Andreas Kollegger
- "Extending MapReduce to RDBMS" by Venkatesh Babu
- “SQL or NoSQL: Why not both? Combining Hadoop, MapReduce & relational DBMSs for interactive analytics on big data” by Peter Pawlowski
7:30pm - Unconference - Round 1
8:15pm - Unconference - Round 2
9:30pm - Wrap Up
A special thank you to our supporters:
Parking: (Network Meeting Center @ Techmart) - Park in the Parking Garage. Its free. Do NOT park in a Permit area or a Two-Hour space which will result in a ticket issued by the City. Enter the parking garage from Great America Pkwy onto Bunker Hill Lane, then follow signs for Convention Center/Techmart Visitors Parking.
When & Where
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format.