Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
BigDataCamp takes place the night before the O'Reilly's Strata Conference . We invite all attendees and anyone else interested in Big Data to join us for a lively discussion, finger food, and a frosty beverage or two.
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related Big Data technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format. Led by CloudCamp's Dave Nielsen, attendees are encouraged to share thoughts in open discussions with community-proposed topics, including Lightning Talks & Unconference Sessions.
Data engineers, enterprise architects, developers, analysts, data mining and business intelligence professionals are encouraged to attend and mix with other members of the community.
Location: Co-located with O'Reilly's Strata Conference
New York Hilton
1335 Avenue of the Americas
Murray Hill Suite
New York, NY 10019
Schedule: Sunday, Oct 27, 2013
1:00 pm Registration & Networking
1:30 pm Welcome & Introductions
1:45 pm Lightning Talks (5 minutes each)
- "Your customers are more brutal than you think!" by Joel Horwitz of Alpine Data Labs
- "The impact of bad tools on your data analytics workflow" by Chang She of Datapad.io
- "Rage Against the Black Box: Lessons Learned on the Challenge + Rewards of Radical Transparency" by Jaime Fitzgerald of Fitzgerald Analytics
- "Suits, Hoodies, Elephants, Mainframes" by Jorge Lopez of Syncsort
2:30 pm Breakout Sessions
- "Data & Privacy" by Marc Guldimann of Enliken
- "Intro to Big Data" by Dave Nielsen
- It's an unconference. Propose a topic yourself!
3:15 pm More Breakout Sessions
- "Intro to Map Reduce" by Yuyu Shen
- More to come!
5:00 pm Wrap-up
Organizer & Facilitator:
Follow us at http://twitter.com/bigdatacamp
Thank you to our supporters:
Register for O'Reilly's Strata Conference or use discount code BDC20 and get 20% off
Tag Cloud based on Topics Proposed During Registration:
access alternatives analysis analytics architecture aws based batch best business case cloud computing data distributed exists file financial flume full future getting going graphs hadoop hdfs important language learning management map-reduce mining models nlp nosql practices predictive processing real-time report social solutions storage structured system text used visualization wants web
When & Where
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format.