We're excited to see you at BigDataCamp @Hadoop Summit. We've opened up more spots so feel free to spread the word. I also wanted to let you know that we have a lot of interest in a few areas, and so we are confirming 3 sessions:
- Introduction to Big Data & Hadoop
- Real-time & Streaming
- Hadoop Cluster Management
Of course we will have manay other breakout sessions too. So we look fwd to a lively discussion.
San Jose Convention Center (map)
150 West San Carlos St.
Room #212 (upstairs)
San Jose, CA 95110
Almaden & Woz ($7.00 flat rate)
401 S Almaden Blvd
San Jose, CA 95113
Schedule: June 25, 2013
5:30pm - Registration, Finger Food & Networking
6:00pm - Welcome, Thank-you & Introductions - Dave Nielsen
6:15pm - Lightning Talks - 5 minutes each
- "Big Data might be the death of you" by Guy Harrison of Dell Software
- "The Power of the Sort" by Keith Kohl of Syncsort
- "5 ways to visualize Big Data" by Bruno Aziza of SiSense
- "Peregrine.io: Hadoop Done Over" by Greg Lindahl CTO and founder at blekko
7:15pm - Organize Unconference
Proposed Breakout Sessions
- "Intro to Big Data" by Dave Nielsen (7:30pm)
- "Real-time Big Data w/ Impala" by Eric Sammer of Cloudera (8:15pm)
- "Big Data as a Service" by Shrikanth Sahnkar of Qubole (7:30pm)
- "Getting Started w/ Hadoop" by Chris Schneider of Ning/Glam (8:15pm)
- "Big Data Use Cases"
- "Data Visualization"
- "Big Data Security"
- "Machine Learning"
- "Data Mining"
7:30pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 1
8:15pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 2
9:00pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 3
9:45pm - Wrap Up (1 minute summary of each session)
10:00pm - Drink at the bar?
For further details, visit http://bigdatacamp.org/siliconvalley/
Additional Possible Topics:
- Consumer choice prediction and modeling.
- Breaking into big data for statisticians or academics.
- Introduction to Hadoop
- Consumer engagement based on social data
- Machine Learning use cases for mobile - location
- Real-time use cases in Big Data
- Erasure Coding in Hadoop
- Big Data benchmarking
- Graphs in HBase
- BigDat @ Enterprise Level
- cloud/mobile security
- Using internal versus external storage with Hadoop cluster.
- Big Data with Node.js
- Natural language processing using R on Hadoop which scales to hundreds of nodes.
- What is the next big thing beyond Hadoop?
- Natural Language Processing / Machine Learning / Data Mining
- Use Hadoop to help Advertising, Marketing Analytics, Healthcare, Financials, and other vertical markets
- End to End use cases for Hadoop for businesses
- Tips for transitioning from RDBMS to NoSQL/BigData solutions
- DevOps and Hadoop
- Network Design differences between web 2.0 and enterprise for bigdata
- Alternatives to Map Reduce
- Real-time reporting on big data
- Use Cases
- What is the next phase in Big Data Analytics ?
- Real time Ming
- Security and data of Health IT
When & Where
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format.