Big Island Chocolate Festival 2015
- Charity & Causes
- The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii, Kohala Coast HI
The educational aspect of the Big Island Chocolate Festival includes daytime cacao farm tours and compelling educational demonstrations on Friday, March 22nd at the Fairmont Orchid in the Kilohana Room. Learn from highly regarded chocolatiers and cacao farmers. Learn about what it takes to grow the bean that makes chocolate—how to create your own "bean to bar" chocolate bar (and take home your own creation!) and pair fine whisky with Madre chocolate. All three sessions are for Friday either as a package for $100 or individually priced sessions. (There are two chocolate sessions on Saturday from 9:30-1 pm which can be purchased on the Gala EventBrite page)
• 9:00 and 11:00am - Farm tours at the Original Hawaii Chocolate Factory-ticketed separately, 808-322-2626 or email email@example.com
• 12:30-1:30pm Tom Sharkey, Cocao Farmer/Restauranteur - How to create a cacao farm and what it takes to succeed.
• 2:00-4:00pm David Elliott/Co-Founder-Madre Chocolate - How to make chocolate from bean to bar: Every participant will take a chocolate bar home with them.
• 4:30-5:30pm Nat Bletter/Co-Founder-Madre Chocolate - Madre chocolate and fine whiskey pairing
Tickets available separately or discounted fee for all three sessions: $100
Presented by the Kona Cacao Association, Inc., BICF benefits the $1 million “Equip the Kitchens” campaign for the future Hawai‘i Community College-Palamanui and efforts to build a community amphitheatre at the Waldorf-inspired Kona Pacific Public Charter School in Kealakekua.
For event details and online tickets, visit www.bigislandchocolatefestival.com.
The mission and goal of the Kona Cacao Association is to promote the cacao industry on the Big Island of Hawaii by presenting the Big Island Chocolate Festival as an educational and outreach opportunity for local cacao farmers, the hospitality industry and cacao enthusiasts.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.