Big Bear City Renaissance Faire- August 11th, 12th, & 18th, 19th
Our Faire is a continual day of mirth and merriment, excitement and education. Our village streets lead you past crafts, costumes, foods, stages, jousts, battles and games. The Enchanted Shire has four stages of ongoing shows performing every half-hour. What follows is a list of scheduled entertainers:
• The Knights of MAYHEM - This ain't no dinner show! Real men, real weapons, and yes sometimes, real blood. This is full contact jousting at its finest- visit web site
• Belles of Bedlam - A performance troupe specializing in musical comedy. The show is a romp through the daily lives of a group of sisters who own an Inn. – visit web site
• Gallows Humor
• Adam Reid – "The Bawdy Juggler -- Email
• Moonridge Animal Park Presents - zoological information in an historical context. Come, get up close and personal to animals you may never see this close again. - visit web site
• Argus Armstrong's Miracle ship repair - Learn the history of ship repair and other historical tidbits! - visit web site
• Captain Jack's Pirate Stories - Captain Jack will entertain the children with stories of the high seas and other pirate tales. - visit web site
• Sportive Tricks - Folk-Rock band with a heavy Irish influence. Playing both traditional pieces with their signature "rock" style and original compositions.- visit web site
• The Juggling and Magic of Bryan Nash - Juggling and magic to thrill everyone who sees him. Fun for the entire family.
• The Universe According to Galileo - A show that puts the audience into an interactive class with the Maestro himself.
• Wren Of Iniquity & Spy Glass - Singing of the finest known to her Majesty the Queen!
• Pyrtaneum www.pyrtaneum.yolasite.com
• El Moro the Magician -visit web site
• Story Theater with Victoria Goring -visit web site
Guilds Visiting thee Shire...
• Saint Olaffs
• Yeoman of the Guard...The Queen's Guard
• Saint Blaise...The Town Criers
• Saint Helena
• Guilde of Sainte Marie
• Southern Nevada Re-enactors
Queen Elizabeth's Royal Court, Knights Jousting on Horseback, Archery Tournament, Live Steel Battle, Living History Encampments & Demonstrations, Ethnic Food & Drink, Belly Dancers, Jugglers, Musicians & Singers, Midsummer Fairy Forest Children's Area. A day filled with wonder and delight awaits beyond the gates of our castle.....
Welcome and Well Met
The Big Bear Valley Renaissance Society, Inc. Recreates historical events through living history reenactments in order to bring history to our children as well as money for their educational needs.
The Big Bear Valley Renaissance Society, Inc., is a non-profit corporation founded in October 2002 for the purpose of re-enacting historical time periods, such as the English Renaissance, for the education and entertainment of the public. We plan to do this by producing events and providing workshops. We are in the process of registering as a 501(c)3 non-profit educational corporation. The Renaissance Faire, our initial re-enactment, and all events are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Our primary financial goal is to provide educational funds for the children and teachers. The funds will be used for, but not limited to, scholarships, teacher support funds and educational opportunities.
Our historical re-enactments provide meaningful and positive educational, athletic, artistic, and social benefits for the entire valley. In addition, the Renaissance Society events also provide increased business opportunities for the community. Our events will result in personal enrichment, enjoyment and a sense of community.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.