Did you know . . .?
- It takes time, sensitivity, and effort to bond members of two different families into one new family.
- The transition to a blended family can be more challenging for older children.
- Children can become master manipulators - using guilt trips - to get their way.
Are you thinkingabout getting married again and wondering what you can do to help your children to become used to this new situation? Did you remarry and encounter painful challenges when trying to make sure everyone was getting along? Although blending two families into one new family unit can be difficult, a "new map" can be a great help on this unknown path. To learn how to make this transition a success, join us as June addresses questions such as . . .
- “How can I prepare our children for our upcoming wedding?”
- “What can I do if my mate's children don't respect me?”
- “Who should I prioritize - my children or my new mate?"
- “How do I handle the discipline of my spouse's children?”
When & Where
Hope For The Heart
Hope For The Heart, 2001 W. Plano Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano TX. (www.HopeForTheHeart.org), is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation; Tax ID # 75-2191528. Any registration fees will be used to cover the costs associated with the event and are not considered a donation.