Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM - Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM (PDT)
Oakland, United States
B’hootz Children’s Jewish Nature Experience
Bringing Torah to Life with the Seasons
Give your kids the opportunity to participate in Wilderness Torah’s children’s program with Jewish environmental educators Rivka Sack and Danny Jolles!
- Expands year-round programming to younger children
- Mitzvah service sessions doing restoration work at Redwood Regional Park
- Program launch day includes parallel learning for parents with Zelig Golden, co-founder of Wilderness Torah, on mentoring Jewish children through nature connection.
- Lays a broad foundation of nature connection and mentorship for B’Naiture, Wilderness Torah’s Bar and Bat Mitzvah program
- Empowers young adults to become effective nature-based Jewish educators and mentors through hands-on education apprenticeships
Register now for Fall Program!
Begin the Jewish New Year by experiencing the wonders of creation and our role as co-creators! Through story, nature exploration, and play, we will lay the groundwork for a Torah-based relationship between Adam, human, and Adamah, the earth. We will engage with Jewish blessings, prayer, and biblical stories. On the trail we will see them come to life through forest ecology, survival skills, and nature games.