Beyond Usability: Creating Applications That Connect with Users
Thursday, November 10, 2011 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
A World Usability Day Event
There can be resistance within an organization to using a new app if there’s a perception that it’s going to be clunky and unfriendly —and, let’s face it, there are a lot of apps that are just that. Today, users have higher expectations for web applications, with brands like Apple and Amazon setting a reference point of great quality and functionality.
So how do you provide your end-users with an experience that’s more than just functional, but truly resonates with them? How do you anticipate consumer and user needs – and develop a system that solves a few key pain points with grace and simplicity.
Join us for a discussion on how to create applications that go beyond basic usability to true resonance with user needs. Learn how to:
- Identify users' true needs
- Map application features to the problems an app solves
- Determine the right number of features - avoiding both a thin app and feature overload
- Provide a supporting experience surrounding an app, from support to marketing
- Develop a mindset for development that puts the user-application connection first