Join Better Homes and Gardens® for our first-ever
Holiday Cooking Experience!
We will spoil you beginning the moment you arrive at our offices in Des Moines, Iowa! You’ll be treated to scrumptious nibbles throughout the experience while you immerse yourself in learning from Better Homes and Gardens’ talented culinary team. Register early! Seats are limited so everyone has the opportunity to interact with our editors and culinary professionals in every session.
Here’s just some of what we have planned for you during this exclusive, information-packed event.
• Scott Peacock, award-winning chef and cookbook author, brings big flavor to his food. His comforting holiday menu is layered with flavors that you’ll want to share at your holiday table.
• Gesine Bullock-Prado is a master baker and cookbook author who finds joy in demystifying baking challenges for the home cook. You will be amazed at how simple it is to create spectacular centerpiece desserts for the holidays or any special occasion that begs for a sweet finish.
• Better Homes and Gardens food editors will share a spectacular holiday open house menu featuring all-new recipes for appetizers and cocktails. Our talented designers will be on hand to show you simple and inexpensive ways to make your table sparkle this holiday season.
• Get the scoop on what happens every day in the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen, where all of our recipes are tested and approved by our editors and culinary professionals. The Test Kitchen is not open to the public, so don’t miss this chance for a behind-the-scenes tour. You’ll also see where the magic is created in our photo studios, and visit our beautiful Test Garden (weather permitting).
Food and Free Stuff! (All part of the registration fee)
• Gift bag valued at $200
• Printed cookbook featuring every recipe debuted during the event
• Meals and session break treats (Friday evening reception; Saturday breakfast, lunch, and closing reception)
Tastes of the Season Dinner*
Don’t miss this opportunity for an intimate dinner in the Better Homes and Gardens kitchens. You’ll dine with editor-in-chief Gayle Butler, deputy food editor Nancy Hopkins, Test Kitchen director Lynn Blanchard, and contributing editors Gesine Bullock-Prado and Scott Peacock. (Imagine the conversation with these amazing talents at your table.) The menu features a four-course meal with wine pairings.
*Note: This Saturday evening dinner is available as a separate ticket price. Seats are limited.
Need a Hotel Room?
Take advantage of our special event rate of $128 per night (plus taxes and fees, single or double occupancy) at the Marriott hotel in downtown Des Moines. This rate is available only if you call the Meredith travel department between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CDT at 800-678-9482 or email them at and tell them you are coming for the . You will need to provide a personal credit card to confirm and guarantee the reservation. They will forward the confirmation to you via e-mail. This room rate is guaranteed until September 19, 2014 or until the rooms are filled. They can also assist you with air travel.
Free parking is available at the Meredith campus during the hours of the event.
You may cancel your registration for this event until midnight CDT September 12, 2014. Your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 fee for processing. After September 12, 2014, no refunds will be made.
Founded in 1922, Better Homes and Gardens® is America’s most trusted mega-brand, reaching nearly 37 million readers every month.
The Better Homes and Gardens brand extends across the web, tablet, mobile, broadcast, broadband and numerous licensed products, serving and connecting women who are passionate about their homes and the lives they create there.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.