Best Practices in Case Management: Strength-Based Assessment
Friday, December 3, 2010 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
Overview: A strength-based assessment approach provides several advantages for service providers and those individuals they serve.
- Focusing on strengths allows service providers to involve people
in service planning in a positive way by underscoring what is going well in
- Strength-based assessment provides a method for documenting a person’s strengths and competencies and offers a way for establishing positive expectations and a foundation upon which a care plan can be built.
- Through strength-based assessment people are more likely to take responsibility for the decisions that will affect their life.
Learning Objectives: Participants will:
- Understand the guidelines for conducting a strength-based interview.
- Know what questions to
ask and how to ask them.
- Be able to write a summary of their assessment.
When & Where
Mental Health Association of New York City
Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC) is a nonprofit organization that addresses mental health needs in New York City and across the nation. It is a local organization with national impact and has a three-part mission of services, advocacy and education.
MHA-NYC identifies unmet needs and develops culturally sensitive programs to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness while promoting the importance of mental health.