Best Practices: How to Build a Company with a Multi-Million Dollar Exit
Wednesday, November 2, 2011 (6:30pm)
NYU Stern School of Business, 44 West Fourth Street, Kaufman Management Center,
Room #2-60 New York, NY 10012-1106
Laurel Touby Mark Wachen Joe Chin
We've all heard the statistics that 90% of startups fail. But what about the 10% that don't fail? What are their secrets and how did they do it?
Come and listen how two entrepreneurs were able to build successful companies with multi-million dollar payouts in spite of the odds. They will join Best Practices host Joe Chin, serial CEO, in an interactive discussion.
- Founded Mediabistro, the largest online community of online journalists, which she sold in 2007 to Jupitermedia for $23 million
- Contributing writer for BusinessWeek, Glamour, Travel & Leisure and New York
- Founded Optimost, a multivariate testing and optimization platform, which he sold in 2007 for $52 million
- Managing Director for DreamIt Ventures NYC, an accelerator for early stage Internet companies
About Best Practices
Best Practices is an event series hosted by serial entrepreneur/CEO Joe Chin that aims to tap into the experience, knowledge, and secrets of the most successful CEO's/business leaders of our time.
Once a month...
We find and interview two successful CEO's/leaders.
We dig into their experience, knowledge and secrets.
We identify best practices and get you great advice.
- Food (pizza), drinks and networking included
- After event, the group will informally move to a nearby pub