Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Learning to Light the Human Face
Have you always wanted to learn the art of great portrait lighting? Learn the art of seeing as opposed to the everyday act of simply looking at things.
Well, now is your chance! Keith Payson will guide you through the general principles of basic lighting and then show you how to use your newfound knowledge and techniques to take great portraits of your family and friends. Whether you are using sunlight or strobe-light, on-camera flash or constant light, whether you own lights yet or you can learn what seeing lighting is all about and immediately start to take better pictures.
This 2.5 hour hands-on class will teach you the following principles & techniques:
1. Learn to assess bone structure and the shape of the human face
2. Learn how to select studio portrait backdrops.
3. Learn about shooting portraiture on-location
4. Learn when to use strobe light or when to use constant light
5. Learn when to use diffusion filters and can they really make anyone look beautiful?
6. Learn what lighting ratios are and how to use them
7. Find out what the difference is between hard and soft light
8. Learn how to sculpt and to paint with light
Experience Level Beginner to Intermediate: Attendee should be familiar with the basic functions and menus of their camera
Please bring your camera, notebook, and pen. Be sure that your camera battery is charged and that you have a memory card with plenty of room on it for photos.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.