Learn to Light the Human Face.
Have you always wanted to learn the art of great portrait lighting? Learn the art of seeing as opposed to the everyday act of simply looking at things.
Well, now is your chance! Keith Payson will guide you through the general principles of basic lighting and then show you how to use your newfound knowledge and techniques to take great portraits of your family and friends. Whether you are using sunlight or strobe-light, on-camera flash or constant light you can learn what seeing light is all about and immediately start to take better pictures.
This 2.5 hour hands-on class will teach you the following principles & techniques:
1. Learn to assess bone structure and the shape of the human face
2. Learn how to select studio portrait backdrops.
3. Learn about shooting portraiture on-location
4. Learn when to use strobe light or when to use constant light
5. Learn when to use diffusion filters and can they really make anyone look beautiful?
6. Learn what lighting ratios are and how to use them
7. Find out what the difference is between hard and soft light
8. Learn how to sculpt and to paint with light
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Beginner to Intermediate: Attendee should be familiar with the basic functions and menus of their camera
WHAT TO BRING: Please bring your camera and something with which to take notes. Be sure that your camera battery is charged and that you have a memory card with room on it for photos.
By purchasing or registering for this course you agree to Samy's Photo School Terms and Conditions: http://samysphotoschool.com/about/terms-and-conditions/
Students must be 18 years of age to attend courses and events. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.