Beginning Food Photography - March 2012
Saturday, March 24, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
West Oakland, CA
We encourage you to play with your food during our hands-on Food Photography Workshops.
Photo Credit: Danielle Tsi
Danielle Tsi will leading this hands on workshop which is all about shooting delicious food. Danielle’s workshop has been structured with the beginning/intermediate food photographer in mind. Maybe you are exploring new career paths, or you are a food blogger struggling with adding photography to the list of must dos, or maybe you just like playing with your food; whatever the reasoning is, this is the workshop for you. Danielle will show you have to make your food look pretty for the camera and still be able to nosh on it afterwards.
Experience level: Beginner/Intermediate
Equipment: Digital Camera (all are welcome) and laptop – please bring gear as this is a hands on workshop
- Understand what makes a good food photograph (light qualities, composition, bringing out the best in a dish)
- Learn how to manage available light to achieve the effects you want
- Knowing the different camera angles and perspectives for photographing food
- How to style your food and eat it: basic styling tips for the home photo studio
- How to tell the story of a dish through pictures
More information about this workshop and others can be found over at the Playground - http://www.digitalmediaplayground.com
Price includes: Personal, hands-on instruction and lecture. As well as coffee/tea, and a working lunch will be provided.
When & Where
Digital Media Playground
Welcome to the Playground!
After years of looking for resources to learn digital media, we looked right in our own “playground”. There in front of us were many options that we had never even considered. After lengthy conversations and endless research, Digital Media Playground was born.