San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Open Water Swimming Clinics:
These special 1.5 - 2 hr hour clinics are designed to improve your open water swimming experience. Improve your confidence in the open water in just one session.
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THE CLINIC YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY A PASS TO GET INTO THE LAKE. YOUR REGISTRATION FEE GRANTS YOU ENTRANCE TO THE LAKE.
Who should attend?
These clinics are geared to triathletes who are new to open water swimming as well as experienced athletes looking to get to the next level. Beginner swimmers will gain valuable tips designed to assist you in becoming a more efficient and more comfortable in the open water. Advanced swimmers will learn techniques and tips designed to improve race day performance. ***Begginers, please note, this is not a learn to swim class. You must be able to swim. We will be out in the open water. It is highly recommended you can swim 500-750 yards straight in a pool without stopping.
What will be taught?
- Open water sighting
- Breathing techniques
- Drills in the pool which will help your open water swimming
- Overcoming fears
- Mental tips to assist you feel more comfortable in the open water
- Race Strategies
What you should bring?
- Swim suit and or wet suit (Wet suits are optional. The water temperature will vary from high 60's to high 70's)
- Light Colored Cap
- Locker rooms are available but you should bring your own lock
Other things you should know:
- Class will begin PROMPTLY at 7:30 am and will conclude by 9:30
- Parking can be limited so please car pool if possible
- We must exit the premises by 9:45
- No pets are allowed on the premise
- We are a swim at your own risk lake. A limited amount of safety swim aides will be made available during each class.
- There is no life guard on duty but we will have a safety kayaker available
- NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON!!
- These classes fill up every year. If you miss your class we will try to accommodate you but there are no guarantees of class admittance.
We are pleased to announce that Melissa Mantak has returned to the area after serving as the USAT Triathlon National Development Coach for the past two years and will be our instructor for all sessions. In addition to coaching National team members, Melissa was the Tri For the Cure team coach for 10 years assisting countless beginners compete in their first triathlon. Melissa’s background as an athlete and coach is unparalleled. , She won the ITU World Cup series overall during her 10 year career as a professional triathlete. In 2010, she was named USA Triathlon National Coach of the Year.
MILE HIGH MULTISPORT, LLC
Welcome to Mile High Multisport, LLC. Founded in 2004 by Peter and Kathy Alfino of Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Our goal is to deliver superior triathlon coaching services to multisport athletes regardless of age or ability. Our 40+ years of triathlon/multisport racing includes marathons, duathlons, mountain bikes, Xterra, sprint, Olympic, half Ironman and ten Ironman finishes. Our staff has successfully coached beginner triathletes to completion of their first races, as well as, elite athletes who have raced at the Triathlon World Championships. These experiences have given us a breadth of hands on knowledge to share with our athletes. As working parents of two active children, we realize that "HOW YOU TRAIN MAKES THE DIFFERENCE". Contact us today to discuss your coaching needs for the upcoming race season.